Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Swissvax $$$

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E53 E60 E92

Originally Posted by diononiz' post='650394' date='Aug 19 2008, 09:53 PM
Hey Brian Whats up?

I purchased Lusso Oro from Phil and liked it allot. It was relatively inexpensive at $40. Currently I am looking at alternatives including chemical guys 50/50 and Svisswax Onyx just to try something different. I will let you know what I come up with.

Dion
Don't want to start rumor but I think 50/50 and Lusso is one and the same. I used both, from the consistency, smell, application and finish look they both very-very identical. They are good but durability is less than Zymol Concours (at 4 times the price I hope so).
Old 08-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard nothing but great things from people using Swissvax. Also everyone has been praising Dodojuice Supernatural, $200. They sell samples for $30. Many people state its as good as Swissvax or better. Check out dodojuiceusa.com

Never used it myself though if you do some research at Autopia you can find some info on the Dodojuice. Also heard good things about there other waxes. On Autopia there is guys on there that have done major testing for various companys and are hardcore into detailing.

Personally my rule of thumb is I never spend over $30 on wax. Just to many good products out there to justify the cost for a do it yourselfer like myself. Now if someone was paying me I guess I could go higher. ClearKote Carnauba Moose Wax is one that some of pros over at Autopia swear by as being one of the best waxes on the market and it only cost $20.

So what have you tried so far???? When you mean long lasting, how long we talking about????
Old 08-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i|Black Sapphire|Black Dakota Leather|Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|Adaptive Xenons|

$2500 Swissvax is chickenfeed compared to the new Zymol Solaris.....................................try $30,000....YES $30,000!!!

Check it out here:
http://www.zymol.com/zymolsolaris.aspx

yeah...I got a couple cans of it laying around in the garage....LOL!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by E60 Driver' post='651610' date='Aug 21 2008, 11:55 AM
$2500 Swissvax is chickenfeed compared to the new Zymol Solaris.....................................try $30,000....YES $30,000!!!

Check it out here:
http://www.zymol.com/zymolsolaris.aspx

yeah...I got a couple cans of it laying around in the garage....LOL!!!
ridiculous
Old 08-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black Nasca Leather w/ Ventilated Seats, Anthracite Headliner, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Sport Auto Transmission w/ Shift Paddles, PDC, Rear Side Airbag, Automatic Sunshades, Heads Up Display, Sat, HD Radio, Navigation, Logic 7

Originally Posted by skylolow' post='651033' date='Aug 20 2008, 04:36 PM
I've heard nothing but great things from people using Swissvax. Also everyone has been praising Dodojuice Supernatural, $200. They sell samples for $30. Many people state its as good as Swissvax or better. Check out dodojuiceusa.com

Never used it myself though if you do some research at Autopia you can find some info on the Dodojuice. Also heard good things about there other waxes. On Autopia there is guys on there that have done major testing for various companys and are hardcore into detailing.

Personally my rule of thumb is I never spend over $30 on wax. Just to many good products out there to justify the cost for a do it yourselfer like myself. Now if someone was paying me I guess I could go higher. ClearKote Carnauba Moose Wax is one that some of pros over at Autopia swear by as being one of the best waxes on the market and it only cost $20.

So what have you tried so far???? When you mean long lasting, how long we talking about????
I am looking for 5 to 6 months, but I guess that is me just being lazy.

I have tried the Griot's Best in Show liquid wax and Caranuba wax. Their Caranuba wax rocks, but wear off very quickly. I just tried some Meguires Tech Wax 2.0 that I did not like at all. There are a handful of others that I can't remeber, but they were along the line of Turtle Wax and cheap Wal-Mart type waxes.

So far, I am the most happy with the Griot's products. The Caranuba stick they sell makes my car have a deep shine that is fantastic.

Maybe I am just overthinking things. Since I have got on this forum, the mod-bug has definitley bitten me hard and maybe I am taking that approach to my wax analysis.

I appreciate everybodies input.

Thanks
Old 08-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i Monaco Blue, Cream Beige, 20x8.5 and 20x10 Iforged Vertex, Toyo T1R, M aero kit coming soon (From Quad M)

Brian,
I did get my rear defuser painted. You may also want to give Chemical guys Jetseal a shot. I use it after I polish as a sealant then apply a coat of carnuba wax after. I thinki I am going to order both the 50/50 and the swisswax and do a comparision. I will let you know the results. Talk to you soon
Old 08-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dalton550' post='651762' date='Aug 21 2008, 05:00 PM
I am looking for 5 to 6 months, but I guess that is me just being lazy.

I have tried the Griot's Best in Show liquid wax and Caranuba wax. Their Caranuba wax rocks, but wear off very quickly. I just tried some Meguires Tech Wax 2.0 that I did not like at all. There are a handful of others that I can't remeber, but they were along the line of Turtle Wax and cheap Wal-Mart type waxes.

So far, I am the most happy with the Griot's products. The Caranuba stick they sell makes my car have a deep shine that is fantastic.

Maybe I am just overthinking things. Since I have got on this forum, the mod-bug has definitley bitten me hard and maybe I am taking that approach to my wax analysis.

I appreciate everybodies input.

Thanks
Give the ClearKote Carnauba Moose Wax a try ($20). I think you'll be quite impressed. Last quite awhile also (4 to 6 months depending on climate and car care). P21S Concours ($30) gives a very wet look but doesn't last as long as others. How long really depends on climate your living in. But a good two to three months should be expected. I see your living in the midwest like myself and with the rain we seem to get every week or so I'm sure your like myself and wash your car pretty much once a week and maybe let it go for two weeks at the longest. So in many cases in are climate we usually wear/breakdown are waxes more quickly. Nicer months of the year I usually wax every 6 to 8 weeks. Good quality wax only takes about an extra 20 min. or so of your time and always makes it shine so much nicer.

I don't think I'd go crazy if your just getting started. I'm sure you'll find a high quality looking wax for less then $30 that will put a smile on your face everytime you use it. I've found for us weekend guys that don't get paid to detail cars that spending much more then $30 is really just throwing money away in alot of cases. Difference is so minimal that spending an extra $100 usually isn't worth it for are daily drivers. Save your money for some mods.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black Nasca Leather w/ Ventilated Seats, Anthracite Headliner, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Sport Auto Transmission w/ Shift Paddles, PDC, Rear Side Airbag, Automatic Sunshades, Heads Up Display, Sat, HD Radio, Navigation, Logic 7

Originally Posted by skylolow' post='651831' date='Aug 21 2008, 07:10 PM
Give the ClearKote Carnauba Moose Wax a try ($20). I think you'll be quite impressed. Last quite awhile also (4 to 6 months depending on climate and car care). P21S Concours ($30) gives a very wet look but doesn't last as long as others. How long really depends on climate your living in. But a good two to three months should be expected. I see your living in the midwest like myself and with the rain we seem to get every week or so I'm sure your like myself and wash your car pretty much once a week and maybe let it go for two weeks at the longest. So in many cases in are climate we usually wear/breakdown are waxes more quickly. Nicer months of the year I usually wax every 6 to 8 weeks. Good quality wax only takes about an extra 20 min. or so of your time and always makes it shine so much nicer.

I don't think I'd go crazy if your just getting started. I'm sure you'll find a high quality looking wax for less then $30 that will put a smile on your face everytime you use it. I've found for us weekend guys that don't get paid to detail cars that spending much more then $30 is really just throwing money away in alot of cases. Difference is so minimal that spending an extra $100 usually isn't worth it for are daily drivers. Save your money for some mods.
I am going to try a product called Rejex. From what I heard this stuff makes your paint very slick and helps to keep the bugs and road grime from sticking or bonding with your paint, making them easier to wipe off. It was recommended by local detailer. We will see.