Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

suggestions???

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone who has worked with Zaino products have suggestions on what products to buy? im planning on "waisting" next weekend on my car, want to wax, etc....i have a jet black car with swirl marks that id want to get rid of also......all the help would be nice guys, this is my first time doing something like this
Old 11-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Contributors

Go with the Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit. It has just about everything you will need, including:
ZFX? Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
Z-2 PRO? Show Car Polish
Z-5 PRO? Show Car Polish
Z-6? Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
Z-7? Show Car Wash
Z-18? ClayBar
I suggest getting the Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal and a few extra applicator pads too.
To get rid of swirls, get their Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover. You can use it by hand in spots where you have obvious reconditioning to do, but a random orbital polisher is easy to use and gets the job done for the whole car. The Porter Cable 7424 polisher is the choice of experts.

I have Jet Black also and it is impossible to keep from getting swirl marks. But a good polishing once per year will bring it back to like-new condition. You should do some reading up on Autopia about how to best detail your car.

Your process could go like this:
1. wash
2. clay bar
3. wash
4. polish with ZPC in spots or all over with PC polisher machine
5. Z6 spray
6. two layers of Z-5 Pro with ZFX (Z6 spray in between)
7. finish with Z-2 (w/ZFX) and Z-8 final spray.

If you want to skip the polishing part - it is a lot of work - just wash and lay down 2 coats of Z-5 Pro (with Z6 in between and at the end). It will look great.

Good luck and show us some before & after pics. Here's a shot of my car after the last full-detail I did back in June.
Attached Thumbnails suggestions???-june19c.jpg  
Old 11-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Senior Members

thnx......ill keep you updated on what i do and ill post back if i got questions
Old 11-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='355363' date='Nov 12 2006, 07:51 PM
Go with the Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit. It has just about everything you will need, including:
ZFX? Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
Z-2 PRO? Show Car Polish
Z-5 PRO? Show Car Polish
Z-6? Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
Z-7? Show Car Wash
Z-18? ClayBar
I suggest getting the Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal and a few extra applicator pads too.
To get rid of swirls, get their Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover. You can use it by hand in spots where you have obvious reconditioning to do, but a random orbital polisher is easy to use and gets the job done for the whole car. The Porter Cable 7424 polisher is the choice of experts.

I have Jet Black also and it is impossible to keep from getting swirl marks. But a good polishing once per year will bring it back to like-new condition. You should do some reading up on Autopia about how to best detail your car.

1. wash
2. clay bar
3. wash
5. Z6 spray

If you want to skip the polishing part - it is a lot of work - just wash and lay down 2 coats of Z-5 Pro (with Z6 in between and at the end). It will look great.

Good luck and show us some before & after pics. Here's a shot of my car after the last full-detail I did back in June.
just curious, but how hard is it to use an orbital machine? my only concern would be pressing down too hard, thus burning the paint. how much pressure do you apply? is it pretty easy?
Old 11-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Build date 11/2005 options include: cold weather package/ convenience package/premium sound package/ sport package/sunshades/Navigation/ V3 cradle/ OE 166 wheels/M-tech upgrade/M rear spoiler/ racemesh m-tech grill/racemesh kidney grills/M5 mirrors/M5 steering wheel/ HID fog light conversion/ M5 SMG paddles

1. wash
2. clay bar
3. wash
5. Z6 spray

[/quote]

Your car looks amazing!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='355428' date='Nov 12 2006, 10:37 PM
just curious, but how hard is it to use an orbital machine? my only concern would be pressing down too hard, thus burning the paint. how much pressure do you apply? is it pretty easy?
It is nearly impossible to burn your paint off with an orbiter. No worries. Rotary - yes, if you go crazy. Read up on Autopia ... those guys use both machine types and there is loads of good advise on how to use 'em.