Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Plan to detail my car, some advise pls!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Hi guys,

I am going to give a full detailing of my car and currently searching the right stuffs to do the right job.
I have got a 2003 Titanium sliver E60 530i in general good shape (Not many swirls and no scratches)

Plan to detail my car, some advise pls!-p10009241.jpg
Here is the stuffs that i am going to use to give it a good shine but still need some advise on sealant and wax on a light silver car
So would all your pro detailer help me a bit pls cos i'm a bit lost with the sealant and wax.

First of all, tools and products that i am going to use:

Polisher: Meguiars new G220 (Still in order but hope will get it before X'mas)
Wheels: with P21s cleaning gel and seal with chemical guys wheel guard (Both are damn good stuff!)
Interior: Clean with all purpose cleanser and dress with Poorboys natural look dressing (Excellent stuff again and leaving dry to touch)
Leather: Gilptone cleanser and conditioner (Very good stuffs which used by Rolls Royce,
but some people claim it smells like old people but i think it smells more like real leather than old people!)

So my full detailing process will be carried out in this order:
1)Two buckets wash method (Megs hyper wash with Gilmour foam gun)
2)Claying (With megs quick detailer or other poly clays)
3)Wash again
4)Menzerna IP 3.02 with Sonus SFX-1 pad
5)Menzerna FF 85RD with Megs finishing pad

6)For sealant: currently got Menzerna FMJ Easy on and easy off + good reflection but its not that durable as they claimed
Thinking of: Jetseal 109 or Klasse SG (Prefer jetseal cos seems it got a good name already, but not sure how it would look like on silver car and its durability)
Or any other good sealant on silver car?

7)Wax: P21s (Currently) Great deep shine but not durable again..need re-apply every fortnight for the perfect shine!
thinking of: Collinite #845 (said great on silver) or #476 (good performance all around), both collinite gives good shine and most importantly is the durability!!
Or any other suggestion on silver car?

I also heard of Pinnacle souveran wax is good on the silver..does any used that?
I know some people will tell me Zaino...i knew its a awesome stuffs but its so expensive in UK!...and i will need the whole kit as well like Z2,Z5 pro,Z6,Z8 to acheive the perfect shine. Example: Z8 costs 24.00pounds in here = 50.00USD (not sure the price in US)

Any advise or opinion will be appreciated! Cheers!

Best Regards
Keith
Old 11-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Members

My Ride: Expected delivery on 15 Jan 2007 525I Olivian Green, Beige Interior, PP, CWP, PDC, SP, Rear shades,heated rear seats, Ipod fitted, Nav, Oem Rims 166, Xenon Lights, Wood grain package, illuminated door sills

Whats up keith,

You are off to a good start with the products that you have, but take a look at this article from my man C's bimmer. Here is the link

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...8&hl=detail

take a look at this and maybe you can pick up some of his pointers. Good Luck
Old 11-25-2007, 04:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Thanks vafinest25! What a long wait for someone replying!
Thanks for the link as well....it really helps a lot mate!
Seems the same things what i am going to use IP 3.02 and jetseal 109

Any more comments or suggestions?
Old 11-25-2007, 07:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Looks like you're on your way to doing an outstanding job. Go with what you're doing. You can't go wrong. Since I have Jet Black, I was a bit more meticulous, but I don't think you need to be. The one thing I do recommend is the purchase and use of a Foam Cannon. Member FMINUS recommended it to me, prior to that detail job, and it was a great investment. I use it every time I was the car now. That's about it. Good luck!
Old 11-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Contributors

Thanks for the advise C's Bimmer!! I got a Gilmour Foam gun at the moment and it produces quite amount of snow foams, I know there's nothing can compared with foam cannon, but this is the best i can get from a standard hose. and i'll definitely invest in pressure washer and foam cannon in the future

I saw you got jetseal 109 in the other post (Where vafinest25 sent me the link), any comments on this product?

Some people in detailingworld.co.uk suggests Zaino Z2-Pro with ZFX (few layers of cos) will definitely win the Jetseal 109 in terms of look and the durability.
And they saying Z-2 Pro can be used as a sealant......and it will last ages!! (Although it got a name "Show car Polish")

Keith
Old 11-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='499161' date='Nov 26 2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the advise C's Bimmer!! I got a Gilmour Foam gun at the moment and it produces quite amount of snow foams, I know there's nothing can compared with foam cannon, but this is the best i can get from a standard hose. and i'll definitely invest in pressure washer and foam cannon in the future

I saw you got jetseal 109 in the other post (Where vafinest25 sent me the link), any comments on this product?

Some people in detailingworld.co.uk suggests Zaino Z2-Pro with ZFX (few layers of cos) will definitely win the Jetseal 109 in terms of look and the durability.
And they saying Z-2 Pro can be used as a sealant......and it will last ages!! (Although it got a name "Show car Polish")

Keith
Keith - I'm an Ex-Zaino user (although I still use their Z8 Grand Finale Spray). The Menzerna polishes, combined with JetSEAL 109 is great. For one, jetSEAL109 is SO easy to get off. It buffs away nice and clean. Much easier than Zaino. Also, I should mention that I finished the car, after applying 2 coats of jetSEAL 109, with a coat of Victoria Wax (http://www.victoriawax.com/). This wax is to only be laid down my your fingers and hands. It's tedious, but if you look at FMINUS's detail jobs, this is the end result. I pretty much followed his exact process and used much of the same materials and products.

Anyway, I don't think you can go wrong either way. If you want to stick with Zaino, your car will still look outstanding. Again, with Jet Black, I can notice the difference between the products and the process when comparing my recent job to my Zaino jobs in the past. With a light car, such as yours, the difference is probably negligible.

Good luck!

C
Old 11-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Contributors

Thanks all your comments C!! So probably i will go back with Jetseal 109 cos it will be more easlier to use and cost me less!!
Had heard many good thing about Victoria wax! So which one did you go for? Victoria Concours or collectors?

Will post some pics up when its done! (And hope the Meguiars G220 polisher will arrive in time!)

Really appreciated your helps C!

Keith