Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Leather & High Gloss Protective Coating

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

Originally Posted by nomad' date='Feb 13 2005, 01:47 PM
DON'T LET ANYONE TOUCH YOUR PAINTWORK!!!!!!!

I agreed to this and paid for it like a total idiot.

My car's paintwork was destroyed only 3 days after I took delivery. It has been back about 7 times and they have been unable to return the car's paintwork to it's original quality.

I am now in touch with BMW Customer services. When they saw what happened to my car they agreed that what has happened to me is "totally unacceptable".

I WISH I HAD DONE WHAT YOU ARE DOING NOW, WHICH IS ASKING FOR ADVICE!!!!!

My new car experience was ruined by this profit grabbing technique!
[snapback]89730[/snapback]
Which dealer was that then? I hate Hexagon aftersales (arrogant), but Stephen James tried to rip me off with a new car so I only use them for service.

Have you thought about clearbra (or whatever they call it over here)?
Old 02-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i (06/04 Build) SMG, Titanium Grey, Black Dakota, Euro Reflectors, CIP 16.2

We bought a 2004 545i and a 2005 Honda Odyssey EXL about the same time last October. The BMW without the paint protection and the Honda with the "Polyshield" protection (they gave us a deal we can't refuse at 80% discount for $200 and the sales lady was cute).

Now, every time after I washed/dried the cars, I run my bare hand through the paint and the BMW feels rough and the Honda feels like it was just waxed.

When the clearcoat service was done on the Honda, they gave me a bottle of Polyshield wax and I apply this stuff on the BMW, but it doesn't lasts for more than a month. Has anyone have any experience with this product?