Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

I HATE drying my cars

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 08:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you haven't been to autopia in a while, rctmthouse, haha. now the rave is optimum no-rinse for washing your car.

you mix it with a bucket of water, then wipe it on and dry it off, panel by panel. it's so much quicker than washing with a water hose and drying is a snap since the wash is made with polymers that basically cause the water to fall off of your body panels with ease.

leaf blower isn't good. picks up surrounding air, which has dust and other particles in it, which in turn at a high speed will mar your paint as well as just make your car dirty again. also be careful with those blades. they are good for windows but i wouldn't let one of those touch my paint!

cleaning rims is by far the most laborious process when washing a car.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tuffluck
you haven't been to autopia in a while, rctmthouse, haha. now the rave is optimum no-rinse for washing your car.

you mix it with a bucket of water, then wipe it on and dry it off, panel by panel. it's so much quicker than washing with a water hose and drying is a snap since the wash is made with polymers that basically cause the water to fall off of your body panels with ease.

leaf blower isn't good. picks up surrounding air, which has dust and other particles in it, which in turn at a high speed will mar your paint as well as just make your car dirty again. also be careful with those blades. they are good for windows but i wouldn't let one of those touch my paint!

cleaning rims is by far the most laborious process when washing a car.
I can agree with the ONR, that is the STUFF.
But the leaf blower? If you are worried about high speed air with particles in it I don't think you'd be able to drive.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

[quote name='Cwest' timestamp='1281388064' post='1220034']
+1 I also think about with the leaf blower blowing isn't it stirring up surrounding dust and contaminates back on top after you've washed it?

it won't stir up dust on the sorrounding. You just washed your car and more likely everything around the car ar all wet as well.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

Originally Posted by Howitzer
I think overwaxing a car like that isn't good. Once a week? :thumbsdown:

What can it really harm though? It takes about 25 mins to wax the Z4, 40 mins for the CLS63 and an eternity for the 4Runner

Quick detailer works if I'm strapped for time, but spending a couple hours to wax all the vehicles with a couple cups of coffee is a great way to spend a Saturday morning. Plus, I get a semi-decent workout. I'm typically done before anyone in the house even wakes up...LOL
Old 09-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
Remove the nozzle, rinse car by letting the water run from the roof down, water will sheet off the panel, helps speeding up the drying process. Learn this from some detailers at autopia awhile back, been doing ever it since.

Great tip! I've been doing this lately and it's definitely cut the drying process in half.