Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

I can't get my Titanium Silver dirty...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stream' date='Aug 12 2005, 01:02 PM
Same here in the bay area.? Got the car washed yesterday--it had been 5 weeks.? CA car dusters--and silver gray paint--is great!
[snapback]158657[/snapback]
OK guys, what are CA Dusters, and can you get them outside of the US?

Shi
Old 08-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Members

Another vote for Titanium Silver here

Car ALWAYS looks clean, and I hammer up and down the motoryways plenty here in the UK.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Contributors

I moved to a new house recently, right next door to a car wash. GBP 5.60 for a hand car wash and wax. The car likes it here
Old 08-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Originally Posted by shiny' date='Aug 12 2005, 11:12 AM
[quote name='stream' date='Aug 12 2005, 01:02 PM']Same here in the bay area.? Got the car washed yesterday--it had been 5 weeks.? CA car dusters--and silver gray paint--is great!
[snapback]158657[/snapback]
OK guys, what are CA Dusters, and can you get them outside of the US?

Shi
[snapback]158675[/snapback]
[/quote]

California car dusters are the best thing since sliced bread. They remove dust from the car without washing it. No scratching either. I don't know if you can get them outside of the US but you can get them online.
Attached Thumbnails I can't get my Titanium Silver dirty...-b00008rw9u.01.lzzzzzzz.jpg  
Old 08-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' date='Aug 12 2005, 12:42 PM
California car dusters are the best thing since sliced bread. They remove dust from the car without washing it. No scratching either. I don't know if you can get them outside of the US but you can get them online.
I respectfully disagree.

I have a jet black car and the first time I used the "california duster" I left lots of straight, shinny scratchs on my car. Granted, the duster has been in use before on my last A6, maybe 3-4 times, but it did not accent the scratches as conspicuously as my jet black car.

No matter what the duster implies it will do, the matter of fact is that you're still mopping grains of sand around. I'd be very concerned when using it on a black car.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

although i drive my car everyday.... i do only wash at least once every 2.5 wks... i dust before and after i use the vehicle and always kept in garage... i know its hard to keep clean. a wise man has sTated before."Still, nothing like a black BMW. Well worth the effort, in my mind." (FULLSPEED.081205) you betcha!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Aug 12 2005, 02:03 PM
although i drive my car everyday.... i do only wash at least once every 2.5 wks... i dust before and after i use the vehicle and always kept in garage... i know its hard to keep clean. a wise man has sTated before."Still, nothing like a black BMW. Well worth the effort, in my mind." (FULLSPEED.081205) you betcha!!!
[snapback]158691[/snapback]

I'm embarrassed to say how long it has been since my car has been washed. I have an excuse though - I live in a highrise condo and I need to beg my friends who have driveways to come over so I can wash my car... Anyway, the silver gray looks clean and polished from a reasonable distance. It really hides dirts and spotting incredibly well. Wheels don't look so hot though... Fortunately I've got some P21S gel on hand to correct the situation when I do get a chance to wash it.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Aug 12 2005, 11:53 AM
[quote name='rodneyremington' date='Aug 12 2005, 12:42 PM']California car dusters are the best thing since sliced bread. They remove dust from the car without washing it. No scratching either. I don't know if you can get them outside of the US but you can get them online.
I respectfully disagree.

I have a jet black car and the first time I used the "california duster" I left lots of straight, shinny scratchs on my car. Granted, the duster has been in use before on my last A6, maybe 3-4 times, but it did not accent the scratches as conspicuously as my jet black car.

No matter what the duster implies it will do, the matter of fact is that you're still mopping grains of sand around. I'd be very concerned when using it on a black car.
[snapback]158687[/snapback]
[/quote]
\
I've been using it for 10 years on some very expensive cars and never had an issue. Sorry to hear you had a problem. That's your punishment for buying a black car
Old 08-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Sound PKG, Cold PKG, STEP Tranny, Power sun shades, fold rear seats, rear seat heating, PDC, Nav

Originally Posted by SolarFactory' date='Aug 12 2005, 09:53 AM
My 2001 325i was black and what a pain!!? Great color when clean and waxed but it never stays clean.? That's why I got silver and I have no regrets.? It almost never looks dirty.?
[snapback]158651[/snapback]
Yeah, my current car is black...what a pain (to do it yourself), but I guess I can go blow some money on an expensive car wash; but I dont trust those guys with my wheels!!!

But, Im still in the waiting game. Now I know what you guys mean about, the waiting is a killer :thumbsdown:
Old 08-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i

I will use my geology background here and say that it depends on the type of debris you're mopping off of your car (the abrasiveness of the soil). Undoubtedly worse in some areas than others. Obviously car color will make a difference whether you see the swirl marks or not. Most importantly, keep a good coat of wax to keep the particulates from getting imbedded into the clear coat.

There. Now who says you don't learn much in college?

Quick Reply: I can't get my Titanium Silver dirty...