Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

A Day of Detailing...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the past few days up in the Northeast, the weather has been well...georgous!! When the weather is as nice as it has been, there is only one thing to do...detail your baby! This past Sunday, I did that for the first time. Below are pics and here is what I did to make her look this good.

1) Wash the entire car with Dawn to remove any dirt that might have been on the paint. This made the car feel and look alot smoother.

2) Dried the car completely and made sure that there was no water spots on the car at and made sure that there no areas where water could potentially leak out.

3) For the first coat of wax, I applied Zaino's All In One (ZAIO) to the car. It went on very smoothly and virtually disappeared into the paint. I let this sit for about 20 minutes on the car.

4) For the second and third coats of wax, I applied Zaino's Z2 Pro. I let the first coat sit for 15 minutes and the 2nd coat sit for about 35 minutes. The wax went on very smoothly and came up very easily. After the first coat, the paint started to look wet but the second coat sealed the deal. I also used this wax on all of the chrome pieces of the car which worked extremely well.

5) Applied the Zaino Clear Seal (Z-CS). I don't know about this product. I didn't see any difference with the before and after affects once I applied the Clear Seal. I might have no applied it correctly which could be why I did not see the results.

6) Applied the Zaino Grand Final Spray (Z8). This made the paint even more reflective and the shine deeper and more wet looking.

7) Used the Zaino Leather Conditioner (Z9) and Cleaner on the Leather (Z10).

8) Used the Zaino Clear View Glass Polish (Z12). This is perfect to remove any water spots on the glass. Just make sure that you don't let it sit too long in the sun otherwise it will go into the glass.

Total Time to Detail: 4.5 Hours! but I love the results!!

Enjoy!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails A Day of Detailing...-img_2146.jpg   A Day of Detailing...-img_2162.jpg   A Day of Detailing...-img_2218.jpg   A Day of Detailing...-img_2184.jpg   A Day of Detailing...-img_2187.jpg  

A Day of Detailing...-img_2149.jpg  
Old 04-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I love it! The car looks fantastic! Yet, another satisfied Zaino customer.

I just got my 2nd shipment of Zaino products today, as I already ran out of my first batch. I'm going with Z5 Pro instead of Z2 Pro, but will be doing the detail this weekend. CS Clear looks great on Black, but I could see it not being very noticeable on white. What you should know is that CS Clear creates an extra protective coat, so even if you don't seen any differences in the clarity, know that it is adding protection.

Just curious, but did you do this all by hand or did you use a random orbital? I use the Griot's RO which works great with Zaino's product line. If you're doing it by hand, next time do it with a RO and you will cut your time in half! The only thing you should do after shampooing with dawn is to clay the car after. This will completely remove any tiny particles invisible to the naked eye. It will also prevent you from picking these particles up during the detail process and spreading them to other area's of the car, possibly scratching or lightly swirling other areas. I didn't think this was necessary with a new 2007, but it is. That's my only suggestion for the next time. Great job man!
Old 04-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

How much do you charge...I can be there in 3-4 days!!! JK Look's great...got to love white...no wax residues
Old 04-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Members

You must have been on autopia to learn that process. I started out with Zaino and always liked the results, but as you stated 4.5 hours was way too much of my time. I also didn't like having to mix the Z2pro. The detail sprays were great, but a little expensive.

I switched to the Klasse twins and I am going to add Opti-seal this summer. For wax, Pinnacle Souveran has been great. I also like Adam's detail spray and his micro-fiber towels.

Car looks great.

JC
Old 04-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Members

What do you mean by "clay" the car?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by whay' post='417339' date='Apr 24 2007, 04:01 PM
What do you mean by "clay" the car?
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-clay.html
Old 04-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='417308' date='Apr 24 2007, 02:34 PM
I love it! The car looks fantastic! Yet, another satisfied Zaino customer.

I just got my 2nd shipment of Zaino products today, as I already ran out of my first batch. I'm going with Z5 Pro instead of Z2 Pro, but will be doing the detail this weekend. CS Clear looks great on Black, but I could see it not being very noticeable on white. What you should know is that CS Clear creates an extra protective coat, so even if you don't seen any differences in the clarity, know that it is adding protection.

Just curious, but did you do this all by hand or did you use a random orbital? I use the Griot's RO which works great with Zaino's product line. If you're doing it by hand, next time do it with a RO and you will cut your time in half! The only thing you should do after shampooing with dawn is to clay the car after. This will completely remove any tiny particles invisible to the naked eye. It will also prevent you from picking these particles up during the detail process and spreading them to other area's of the car, possibly scratching or lightly swirling other areas. I didn't think this was necessary with a new 2007, but it is. That's my only suggestion for the next time. Great job man!

Haha thanks!! I did the entire car by hand. I don't really know how to work the orbital and I didnt want to damage my paint. I didn't clay the car because it was only 5 weeks old and I really didnt know how to use that either. I didnt use the 100% cotton towels that Zaino had suggested but I did use the microfiber towels and didn't see any problems with it at all. I waxed the car with up and down motions on the sides of the doors to help with the reflection and I did a similar process to the hood, roof and trunk. However, how should I apply it to the hood, roof, and trunk??
Old 04-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Heloha' post='417310' date='Apr 24 2007, 02:50 PM
How much do you charge...I can be there in 3-4 days!!! JK Look's great...got to love white...no wax residues

Haha...I don't really like to detail people's car except my very close friends, but you never know!!
Old 04-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jcflys' post='417336' date='Apr 24 2007, 03:54 PM
You must have been on autopia to learn that process. I started out with Zaino and always liked the results, but as you stated 4.5 hours was way too much of my time. I also didn't like having to mix the Z2pro. The detail sprays were great, but a little expensive.

I switched to the Klasse twins and I am going to add Opti-seal this summer. For wax, Pinnacle Souveran has been great. I also like Adam's detail spray and his micro-fiber towels.

Car looks great.

JC
I didn't mix the Z2 with anything. Detailing my car for 4.5 hours is not because of Zaino, it's because it's my hobby/relaxation time.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Members

Thanks! I'm going to try that technique when the 550 comes in. Do the Zaino products cost an arm and a leg?

Quick Reply: A Day of Detailing...