Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

California Duster

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

It looks a lot softer (wich IMHO is better) then the halfords one.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:03 AM
JDN
Contributors

Here is the finished product which some of you have seen before.
Attached Thumbnails California Duster-wheel.jpg  
Old 08-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

JDN how do you clean the inside of the rim. I mean the space behind the spokes, wich is clearly visible and very clean in your picture. My brush doesn't make it that far.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:30 AM
JDN
Contributors

I use that little dirty brush that I posted. I also have a wheel brush for the outside. I am a bit more critical of my wheel cleaning job than you are. I go over the wheels pretty fast so did not do the perfect job. Also, these had been driven for one very short run since cleanup.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Aug 10 2004, 10:30 AM
I use that little dirty brush that I posted. I also have a wheel brush for the outside. I am a bit more critical of my wheel cleaning job than you are. I go over the wheels pretty fast so did not do the perfect job. Also, these had been driven for one very short run since cleanup.
And my wife always tell me that I am anal about my wheels...
Old 09-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Senior Members

i've just purchased a california dash duster yesterday for a very good price in wal-mart, $6.97 . i think it's the same thing as the mini duster you guys mentioned. my car is still in the shop so i tried it at home . man, it worked ! i've also bought a black magic pro-detailer finishing tool. it's a small brush on one end and rubber tip on the other. it says "rubber tip reaches dirt in tight spaces; ideal for removing wax along vehicle seams; metal-free for no-scratch detailing; goes places a vacuum can't". sounds like a magic wand, especially it's only $2.27 . will try it out after i have my car back.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Senior Members

I use JDN's brush also. It is the best for getting inside the wheel, behind the spokes so your whole wheel is cleaned, not just the outside visable part.