Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Would BMW do this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 12:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='359496' date='Nov 22 2006, 08:36 PM
It would be rare for a BMW dealer to do that... It still depeneds on the Lexus dealer... although Lexus HQ really listens to their customers and really pushes the dealers to provide top notch customer service. Unlike BMW NA where they could give a rats behind.
You think BMWNA are add, BMWUK are even worse!
They claim never to have heard about premature wear & noise with Dunlop RFTs & advised me to contact Dunlop myself if I wasn't happy!!. BMWNA give you new tyres!!. I'm not one to bear a grudge.. but customer service, or lack of it, will play a big part when making a decision on what car to get next.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:18 AM
Members

My Ride: My 1st was an '06 530xi, Titanium Silver w/ gray dakota leather, sport pkg. & Nav. Now my 2nd is an '08 650i CP, Space Gray, Blk Dakota, Sprt. Auto, HUD, Sprt. Pkg., Prem. Sound, High Beam Ast. & Comfort Access

My wife has a Lexus RX330 and she loves it. It has had several trips to the dealer for various problems. The last trip was for a transmission glitch. They gave her a Lexus loaner for several weeks. Called her and told her that they thought it was the transmission. Put a new (not rebuilt) one in, no questions asked and the car had 90K on it.

If Lexus tightens up their ride and handling some, BMW will have their hands full. Lexus has always treated us like valued customers who could purchase a car from anyone, but chose Lexus.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

I have to say that I havent had any problems with service form my dealer or BMWNA (they contacted me on these forums for the rough start issue with follow up call), but after reading other peoples horror stories of taking the car back and forth for a long list of problems, they should of, in those instances, just gave the customer a new car and deal with the issues internaly!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Senior Members

My BMW dealer in Tucson, AZ would make me pay for the sunshade even if it was not included. :'( :thumbsdown:

There is a reason Lexus dealers are rated so highly.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i '01 IS300

I've owned both Lexus and BMW. Both CPO with about the same miles when bought. Granted Lexus did not have the maintenance program but whenever I had a problem, 3 times, they took great care of me and never had to "justify" the problem to get it fixed. BMW.... well just thinking about it makes my head hurt. I have a laundry list and I am hesitant to contact BMW because it's always a battle.

'...Papa Lexus turns around and steps on the baby BMW and says 'Catchup!'
Old 12-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by katheikia' post='359478' date='Nov 23 2006, 08:37 AM
Had a friend that was going to buy a BMW 550, but decided to get the Lexus LS or GS im not sure which one. He said that the he loved my BMW was was afraid he would get into too much trouble because of how sporty it is Anyway a few days after he received his car, he noticed that the power rear sunshade he had ordered was not in the car. He went to the dealer to see what could be done. After a couple of calls and another visit to the dealer, they offered to Re-order him a new car, and he could keep driving the current one until the new one arrived (2-3 months). He was satisified enough that they made the offer, so he decided to just keep the current one. Would a BMW dealer do this? Even after saying all this, I still would never buy a lexus. It would just be nice if BMW could take some lessons from the competition..
same dealer may do it or give you free bees with the new order or give you extra discout.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Members

No, BMW would not do that.
I also have a Lexus story. My cousin recently bought a LS 460, after about two weeks he notice there is a scratch on the leather on the back seat. His dealer called several near by dealers and found a car that has the same interior. They brought that car over and took out all the seats and put them in my cousin's car. They replaced all the seats to make sure that the tone of the front seats matches the rear seat. No questions asked. Keep im mind that they are doing all this while there is strong demand for this model. That's what I call service.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by kxn530i07' post='374116' date='Jan 5 2007, 06:45 PM
No, BMW would not do that.
I also have a Lexus story. My cousin recently bought a LS 460, after about two weeks he notice there is a scratch on the leather on the back seat. His dealer called several near by dealers and found a car that has the same interior. They brought that car over and took out all the seats and put them in my cousin's car. They replaced all the seats to make sure that the tone of the front seats matches the rear seat. No questions asked. Keep im mind that they are doing all this while there is strong demand for this model. That's what I call service.

If they didnt do that kind of thing, who would want there crappy cars...
Old 01-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by katheikia' post='375148' date='Jan 8 2007, 08:01 AM
If they didnt do that kind of thing, who would want there crappy cars...
Lexus outsells BMW in the US. So quite a few people. The cars aren't crap, and on the whole the service appears to be better than BMW or its dealers offer. Truth be told, I suspect that Lexus could address the handling gap between it and BMW well before BMW could close the gap in reliability and also in how Lexus dealers treat their customers compared to our dealers.