5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   Would BMW do this? (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/would-bmw-do-33753/)

katheikia 11-22-2006 03:37 PM

Had a friend that was going to buy a BMW 550, but decided to get the Lexus LS or GS im not sure which one. He said that the he loved my BMW was was afraid he would get into too much trouble because of how sporty it is :ermm: Anyway a few days after he received his car, he noticed that the power rear sunshade he had ordered was not in the car. He went to the dealer to see what could be done. After a couple of calls and another visit to the dealer, they offered to Re-order him a new car, and he could keep driving the current one until the new one arrived (2-3 months). He was satisified enough that they made the offer, so he decided to just keep the current one. Would a BMW dealer do this? Even after saying all this, I still would never buy a lexus. It would just be nice if BMW could take some lessons from the competition..

arcleid 11-22-2006 03:40 PM

I'm pretty sure BMW Seattle won't do it :(

Hatchman50 11-22-2006 03:45 PM

Some BMW dealers would, some dealers would not. I'm sure it's the same way with Lexus dealers.

Blackonblackonblack 11-22-2006 04:06 PM

Though I can't remember which dealer, I know someone has mentioned that a dealer that did this for someone ordering a 5 Series...let him dirve a 5 because they didn't order the right thing...and then he got his new one.

Iceman 11-22-2006 04:33 PM

BMW dealers would probably only retrofit it, not order a new car... Or do nothing...

EBMCS03 11-22-2006 04:36 PM

It would be rare for a BMW dealer to do that... It still depeneds on the Lexus dealer... although Lexus HQ really listens to their customers and really pushes the dealers to provide top notch customer service. Unlike BMW NA where they could give a rats behind.

jrsamps 11-22-2006 04:39 PM

All comes down to the dealer

Matt BMW California 11-22-2006 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='359496' date='Nov 22 2006, 05:36 PM
It would be rare for a BMW dealer to do that...

it would be rare for ANYBODY to do that...with the 7 days cooling off period in some states perhaps the dealer was aware that the consumer could simply return his car (as long as he hadn't driving too many miles).

Who knows why these random acts of kindness take place...tell your friend to 'pay it forward'. Eventually one will hit us and we can do the same thing!! :thumbsup:

doug_999 11-22-2006 07:02 PM

A friend picked up an IS250 AWD. Two days later she realized the cooling feature of the passenger seat was inop....

Instead of just fixing it, they offered her a different car - after she had put 500 miles on her current car.

Very impressive.

HOWEVER, this is the same dealer who sold me my GS430 and when I discovered a nice ding on inspection they offered to fix it the very next day. That next day I was told "oh we can't fix that. Sorry"

Granted, my friend is really hot, but still :)

MIAMI 5 11-22-2006 07:45 PM

The word is Lexus is king in service....not the case for BMW's