Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Worst E60 Dealer Experience Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I was thinking that we should share our bad/un-professional dealer experiences here. So that people who live in the same area have some knowledge of what to expect.

So here is mine:

Perillo BMW Downtown Chicago
Service Person: J R
Service Date: December 2007
Problem: Busted Clutch
Complaint: The service technician immidiately after test driving told me that i was abusing my car (sir, dont take me wrong, but you might be racing this car). I never raced my car ever! Next day the shop foreman decided to talk and he said, there is nothing wrong with your car, and i told him the car does not engage in GEARS 3 and 4!!!, he said well maybe when you tried it was raining!!! Can you beleive that? Anyways, I went upto the dealer side where sales people were sitting and asked if i can have a quick meeting with Joe Perrilo himself. They got a bit scared and after 30 mins of waiting, the service manager came and said we are sorry and we will fix your car. So after 4 days of no contact, i called them back and the shop foremans attitude was "bmw will take the charge for this under warranty, but we DONT want to see this car come again with a clutch issue" Wow I said, what if you did not fix my clutch properly? Anyways i did not argue with him more and decided to get my car back.

When the car got back, my retrofit BMW bluetooth mechanism was gone from iDrive. Again I had to prove by showing my cell phone that cars VIN number was stored so i did had a bluetooth retrofit and not lieing! Took another 3 days to fix. Horrible, horrible experience.

Bill Jacobs BMW Naperville, IL
Service Person: M R
Service Date: April 2008
Problem: Strange noise from Active Body Control mechanism
Complaint: The service guy kept the car for 5 days. After that I got new brake pads front and rear (they thought it was a bad sensor). The noise did not go. So I decided to take the car back again. This time they kept the car again for 2 days and called back and said "this noise is normal, nothing to worry about. There is a pump on the rear side that is making this noise" I said " well how come I did not hear this before", his reponse "maybe you TUNED your ears JUST NOW" - wow again. I left and took it yet another dealer now. The car was diagnosed with a "safety issue" and a loaner was immidiately given (the white pacifica). Now the active roll body mechanism parts are in order and thrusday she is going again.

So I thought I should let all other e60ers know of these horrible experiences. If you have had issues, post them. So that we all can know what to expect.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Senior Members

Actually someone needs to move this thread to Dealer/ Service section!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by thefleet' post='594413' date='Jun 3 2008, 09:07 AM
Actually someone needs to move this thread to Dealer/ Service section!

WOW - that's one terrible and inexcusable service experience!! Those of you in the Chicagoland area, do us a favor and avoid that dealer...make them aware that this kind of unprofessional, customer doubting, incompetent diagnosis, and bad attitude are not acceptable!!

Gosh that's HORRIBLE customer service!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 06-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

There is this really cute girl named Jen who works at my dealership. We always chat whenever I am there for service and have known one another for several years. One night I picked up my car kind of late after an oil change and I asked her if she wanted to go for a drink. She said she couldn't go. It was a really horrible experience.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ' post='594777' date='Jun 3 2008, 06:21 PM
There is this really cute girl named Jen who works at my dealership. We always chat whenever I am there for service and have known one another for several years. One night I picked up my car kind of late after an oil change and I asked her if she wanted to go for a drink. She said she couldn't go. It was a really horrible experience.
That's because she was meeting me at the bar, Jeff. Sorry pal.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ' post='594777' date='Jun 3 2008, 06:21 PM
AHHHHHHHHH ! you should never tell us stories like that ..........
Old 06-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

lol uncalled for. deleted my reply lmao
she must have had a husband jeff. for sure.. lol