Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Wheels balanced shuddering gone

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 22 2004, 02:34 PM
Acribb I have exact the same issue.. My car is at the dealer now to fit new tires and a new windshield. It's taking them longer then expected so I still have my loaner.
Tomorrow in the afternoon I'll pick it up and get back on this and I hope I can be positive!
[snapback]37046[/snapback]
So you have the EXACT same issue as in my description above, including the SPORADIC shaking at around that speed of 63 mph? Hmmmm, interesting. I hope being armed with this post, I don't have to go through what you have gone through...

Do you have the standard 18" rims and runflat tires that came with the sport package? What was the build date of your car? 10/03?
Old 09-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have 18 inch with dunlop runflats. Builddate was 7/2004.

I hope my issues are resolved with the new bridgestone tires with RFT
Old 09-22-2004, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

Oh, ok, I see from your profile that you do in fact have the same rims as mine. I'll have to check the tires to see if they are the same as well.

As for your door squeaks - I too have the same problem. Rattle, rattle, rattle, on the driver's door worst, I can hear slight rattles from the other doors. I also now hear a 'squeak' from my dash, even when not going over rough terrain.

Did this ever get resolved?

What was the resolution? The carabflo stuff?

All this is annoying from such a beautiful and expensive car.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

They used special tape on my car (the newest solution). Unfortunately this is absolutely no solution. It doesn't help anything. The only thing that helps is lowering my window a little.

If I get my car back tomorrow and I still have the problem I will buy the carbaflo and put it on the car myself.

I don't have the dashboard problem but do have the squicky seat. Maybe the sound is located in your seat???
Old 09-22-2004, 01:08 PM
Senior Members

The 'squeak' is definitely coming from the dash right in front of me, where the black vinyl dash meets the instrument cluster plastic. If I press on the dash, I can stop the 'squeak' until I let go. Again, you will probably agree with me when I say these problems are RIDICULOUS on such a high-end car like this. I am going to insist that a mechanic ride with me so I can let him hear the squeaks (since I have already brought it in once and their solution was to PLEDGE the doors, yes the wood waxing product), and the SHAKING.

ARGGGGHHH.

I hope everything is taken care of for you finally.

Maybe by tomorrow, you'll have the car you should have had from Day 1.