Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Wheels balanced shuddering gone

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the other posters here - you need to demand a new set of wheels and tires. The car should be absolutely smooth with no trace of vibration at any speed. I would simply have your atty. write them a letter. This usually gets people off their butts. Sorry to hear about your problems.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Thanks for all your replies guys.. I really feel supported on this matter. Sometimes I think I am to anal about these things but it really is an irritating problem.

I am expecting a call from BMW netherlands and I will demand a new set of wheels and tires. I will also ask them how they are going to repay my lost working hours and the days without my car (I pay 750 a month for a lease and I have not had my car for 5 days so this is a 125 euros loss for me to).

We'll see how they react and I already told them that I have informed my attorney about this isseu and if they don't solve it correctly he will contact them as a next step.

Again thank you and I know this will be solved.. I cleaned my interior and vacuumed the car today (the weather was to bad to wash it) and I am soooo in love with this car.. brrrrr..
Old 09-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Senior Members

530E60NL

We'll see how they react
trying not to be blunt...but stuff how they react, stuff em!!! , tell them you want new wheels and tires, and that is the end of it. You've been VERY patient and have let them try to fix this more than once, which is all you can do. Your dealer has tried using olympic size weights on your wheels and still could not balance them out.

facts are simple you paid extra for your 18" wheels, they are not right, therefore you should have new ones. Do not worry about their reaction, BMW dealers give out new wheels all the time, mostly for customers whose wheels they kerb or scuff while they are in the shop end of the day they will just supply you with a new set and BMW AG will credit the dealer for them, no different to returning any other faulty part.

good luck and don't let them waste your time anymore!
Old 09-14-2004, 06:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Okay new update!

All hell broke loose today. Called my dealer to ask them if they were called by bmw netherlands.. My service advisor told me and his collegue were not called. After that I called bmw netherlands. In a friendly way I asked the guy who he had contacted and he contacted the other dealership (my dealer has two) and send the guy an e-mail to ask him to call him back.. I lost it at that moment. I feel sorry for the guy at the phone but employees from my business came looking through the window of my office because I was yelling so loud!! I raised hell asking the guy if why still nothing has happened. In the end I got the name of the guy that is in the other dealership and called my own service advisor wich is a great guy because he stands up for me (I believe). He promised me to call me back in 5 minutes and he did that.. Tomorrow I am bringing my car in for the 5th time. A special person from BMW netherlands is gonna drive my car to see what is wrong with it. After that they will give me a solution my service advisor told me. I told him that there is only one solution and that is new wheels!! I told them if I don't get new wheels under my car they will have a big problem. Second problem is that I have to be in the Center of amsterdam tomorrow and they didn't have a loaner with Nav for me because it was already given to another customer. I then gave him the choise for new wheels tomorrow morning or a loaner with nav because I am so fed up with this sh*t. He told me he had to make arrangements and call me back. In 5 minutes he was on the phone again and I have a loaner with Nav so I can find my way around Amsterdam in a decent way.

After my big accident I promised myself I would never ever get upset by stuff again because it isn't worth it. Since my accident I am tired very easily and emotional stuff and anger drains my energy very bad. Before my accident I could have never imagined that I would have these problems physically but I have them and need to live with them. I am home now because I am completely beat up and drained due to my anger and emotions.
Thank you BMW for your great support, this isn't only costing me precious time but also money since I cannot work the rest of the day!

This is the worst service support I have ever gotten at a car brand and I am thinking to trade in my car for a Mercedes E-Class because I'm finished with it..

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 09-14-2004, 06:15 AM
Members

Woah...

Sad to hear you've had this kind of experience. I just hope everything will get resolved for you as soon as possible. You just might get the new wheels that you deserve.

Don't trade it in yet!!! Your wheels might be the last major problem! Keep the faith!

Quick question, don't you have factory dealerships? You know, dealerships owned by BMW Group. My dealership is under BMW Australia and I've had nothing but a great experience from them. Maybe I'm just lucky. I'm just curious if it's a difference if BMW Group owns the dealership or not.

Anyways, I do hope your problem gets resolved really soon!

Good luck!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 06:33 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 14 2004, 09:03 AM
This is the worst service support I have ever gotten at a car brand and I am thinking to trade in my car for a Mercedes E-Class because I'm finished with it..
Dennis, I think the problem is that you were too patient in the beginning and this thing has strung you out. But, look at your current situation. You are winning now on every front. You have BMW AG on the ropes and based on the NAV loaner experience, the dealership, too.

I know how it is to get down. I, too, work at not getting too aroused because it totally consumes me. You did what you had to do to get their attention and it worked.

If you get your wheels running smoothly again, there is not a Mercedes in this class that will satisfy you more. Keep the faith.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:47 AM
Senior Members

Dennis,
I agree with JDN, your were a bit too nice at the start and let them mess around with it for too long. At least now they know they cannot take you for some shmuck customer, good for you !!!!

don't let the dealers/BMW win...you know for a fact lots of us have excellent E60's that don't have the issue yours has and you can have one too....once this is sorted you can go after them for some goodwill gesture/compensation.

I don't think the grass is any greener in Mercedes land...trust me...I have colleagues with them and their stories of poor quality interiors, gearboxes and customer service makes your story appear like heaven to them.

I hope you are going to be in the car with this guy from BMW Netherlands when he comes to test it?

hang in there !!!!!

ps: alternatively reject the car and demand a replacement...consumer law cannot be that different in your country.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Senior Members

530e60nl, i feel your pain :'(. hope everything will work out smoothly . i'm always a patient and nice guy when it comes to the dealership, especially we only have one bmw, one m.benz, one lexus, one infiniti, one....dealership. i just want to make sure i don't mess up w/them and next time when i go back, i'll have a better price/service. but i've learned a lesson from your story...have to fight for what i asked them to do. that's pretty sad as a consumer .
Old 09-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Senior Members

530E60NL - Did you ever get your problems resolved? I'm having the same issue......

Car doesn't ride smooth at around 63 mph. The thing is, it isn't a steady shakiness. It's intermittent. I can drive at around 63 mph and it shakes horribly, like SHAAAAAKKKE, nothing, nothing, then SHAAAAAAKE, nothing nothing, SHAAAAKE etc... If it's not doing the bad Shake, it's just a slight shimmy in my butt and in the steering wheel (at around this speed, and of course I have driven it on smooth new blacktop to make sure it wasn't the road surface). This is terrible, especially when my buddy's Infiniti FX35 rides WAY NICER than my car at ALL SPEEDS.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:34 PM
Contributors

Acribb I have exact the same issue.. My car is at the dealer now to fit new tires and a new windshield. It's taking them longer then expected so I still have my loaner.
Tomorrow in the afternoon I'll pick it up and get back on this and I hope I can be positive!

Quick Reply: Wheels balanced shuddering gone