Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

What to do when dealer has made a mistake?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a casual trip by my dealer, I found out that my car had arrived and that I would be able to get delivery early next week. That's 2 weeks prior to ED! After having a look at the car, I saw that the dealer had mounted an electric engine heater on the car, which is something I had not asked for. When I asked about it, he said that they would then remove it. If they would do that, there would be holes left from the screws they used to fasten cables etc both on the the bottom on the front spoiler, in the engine bay, there would be a hole into the cabin where they pulled a cable to mount the plug for the cabin-heater and I guess there will also be marks on the engine if they remove the heater itself. I am not interested in paying for this extra, as I did not ask for it, but do not want them to remove it either due to the damage that will remain from doing so. Should I just demand that they leave it as is, or what could I do if they then decide to remove it because I do not want to pay? I would then be left with clearly damaged goods, and that is not what I want when buying a brand new car....
Old 05-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Members

Either leave it in for free or have them get you a new car without all the holes that would be caused by removing it.

Talk to the general manager or owner of the dealer.

Dumb sh-t techs.

My 530 has been damaged slightly 3 times by the dealer techs. The last time they ruined one of my rims.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by silver4evr' date='May 6 2004, 06:31 AM
Either leave it in for free or have them get you a new car without all the holes that would be caused by removing it.
Just what I intend to do. Thanks for your support - sometimes it feels as if I am too picky with these things.... Hope they leave it in though, because I do not want to wait another 12 weeks for another car - suppose that they should get me a loaner while I wait though!
Old 05-06-2004, 05:21 AM
sj3
Senior Members

How heavy is the thing? If it's heavy enough, the front/rear weight distribution will change, and with that, handling.

Sam
Old 05-06-2004, 05:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by sj3' date='May 6 2004, 01:21 PM
How heavy is the thing? If it's heavy enough, the front/rear weight distribution will change, and with that, handling.

Sam
No problem with weight, as the heater is very small. The annoying thing are the damages if they would like to remove it
Old 05-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Members

DO NOT LET THE DEALER GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING!!

I had my dealer replace the driver door window because it came with scratches that could only be seen with a reflection on it.

They have cleaned my door panels a couple of times due to black shoes marks caused by the techs.

I don't have them wash it any more.

I'm in the process of getting my ruined rim replaced. Ruined when they had to change the tire. It'sl totally scratched in various places. My run-flat took a dry-wall screw and is not repairable per Bridgestone. No one can document this though.

The scratched the bottom of the passender side window pillar. Had them repaint/clear coat a small area.

A small door rash was caused by another car door opening while in their possession. That rubbed out.

Looking for another dealer.