Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Two stories - complaint and car in service

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 12:50 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry guys. i'm a little busy today (haha, still squeeze some times to check this forum out ) and i'll write up something later tonight .
Old 09-07-2004, 02:28 AM
Senior Members

alohalc - I think you need to send your car to the mainland to get good service!
well, gmartin, i'm still hoping the servicing part is good. will find out tomorrow. but the sales part was horrible . bad enough for me to got some quotes from a few dealers in the mainland.
But believe me, yours are very, very minor!
iceman, i know mine is not a big deal compare to some problems other people are having. but still very irritating .
If you live in USA you should do your purchasing from www.pacificbmw.com, you give them one phone call and a few days later you have what you want from them.

If you want to continue doing business with the part dept guy of your BMW dealer just make sure he writes down your order in a paper so that way he doenst forget.

Also if you are not happy with your service dept just go to another BMW dealer.
i'll definitely try pacificbmw next time. the part dept guy didn't forget to order my part, the sales rep did. but the part dept guy just ordered the wrong part . so far i'm ok with the service guy. even if i'm not happy with him, i have nowhere to go. we only have one bmw dealer in this island :'(.
So, it's really silly, but I deal with three dealers to buy and maintain my cars. Yes, it's voluntary, but it's the only way I've found to be satisfied with both price and service.
i don't mind to do this at all if there is more than one dealer in this island.
I believe if alohalc had dealt with the parts department instead of the sales department, he would have had his parts delivered on schedule.
i agree and i've learned a good lesson this time. and the sales rep has also learned a good lesson. face the music isn't a fun thing to deal with, especially from his manager .
Old 09-07-2004, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Sep 7 2004, 12:28 PM
But believe me, yours are very, very minor!
iceman, i know mine is not a big deal compare to some problems other people are having. but still very irritating .
Oh yes, off course!!!
You are having problems, that not satisfying!
I didn't mean that because they are minor you shouldn't complain about them - you should !!!
I just wanted to express that I have bigger ones!
Old 09-07-2004, 08:00 AM
sj3
Senior Members

Well, not I am curious who here has the biggest problem! And, does size matter when it comes to problems. I would suggest it does, but maybe I can have my problems enhanced through professional intervention, so they look bigger than anyone else's! And what if we don't even have a problem! OMG, I'm starting to feel inadequate..

Sorry, that was a waste of time!

Sam
Old 09-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006, US Spec, 530i, Silver Gray, Black leather, Anthricite headliner, Steptronic, Navi Pro, PDC, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Rear Shades, Folding Rear Seats, Bluetooth w/Blackberrt Torch, AUX Input, Bi-Xenon, AIB Angel Eyes w/matching fogs, summer wheels R118 w/PS2 tires, winter wheels R138 w/Michelin PA3 snows
I've got one of the biggest problems. Like many others, I'm waiting for a car to have problems with!
Old 09-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Senior Members

I didn't mean that because they are minor you shouldn't complain about them - you should !!!
I just wanted to express that I have bigger ones!
i hardly complain about anything and i don't like to complain. i think it's some kind of aloha spirit . but i'll definitely tell them if there is a problem.
you have bigger ones? , i wonder. oh, you were the one who followed me to the restroom ? just kidding .
Old 09-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Sep 8 2004, 01:16 AM
oh, you were the one who followed me to the restroom ? just kidding .
Old 09-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Senior Members

i still don't have my car back yet ! my service guy called me last friday and told me he's on vacation and will be back tomorrow (wed). he said there is another guy will take care of me and the car should be ready today. believe it or not, nobody called me today . but that's ok since i have another e60 as a loaner. but if i don't receive any call tomorrow, i may need to do something on my own to compensate myself (i know they won't do anything ), such as taking out all the parts that i need from the loaner for future use . any other ideas?
Old 09-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

i'm hoping to receive a call from the service dept today but i doubt it . i thought i can ask the sales rep to give me the parts since today is my birthday . btw, has anyone received anything from bmw as a birthday gift?
Old 09-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Sep 9 2004, 02:27 AM
i'm hoping to receive a call from the service dept today but i doubt it . i thought i can ask the sales rep to give me the parts since today is my birthday . btw, has anyone received anything from bmw as a birthday gift?
AFAIK they don't do that, but I do:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
Attached Thumbnails Two stories - complaint and car in service-00003653.gif  

Quick Reply: Two stories - complaint and car in service