Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Tracking ED car after ship arrives in USA

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car was unloaded from Hual Triton on Friday May 28 as confirmed in the shipping company's web site. How can I track the car now? Owners Circle no longer shows the "order tracking" option for the car. Is there a web site for the VPC?
Attached Thumbnails Tracking ED car after ship arrives in USA-5453.jpg  
Old 06-01-2004, 06:32 PM
JDN
Contributors

Your dealer/'salesman is your best bet from here on. Hope you have some more interested in delivery than I did.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Members

I've asked the same question in two other E60 forums, and everyone says bug the heck out of my dealer. However, he usually blows me off or says can I call you back? I'm with a customer. Anyway, I hope you have better luck than I have.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:47 AM
Contributors

re:'he usually blows me off or says can I call you back? I'm with a customer'

If I want something from them, then I just show up and sit in front of his office until he solves the problem.

Besides, I secretly like an excuse to go to the dealership. I know I'm wierd, but I can't help it. When I had to have the airbag fault reset (because I turned on the car when hard wiring my radar detector), I just brought my laptop, my wireless card, and waited at the dealership until it was ready. Love to see those cars!

James
Old 06-05-2004, 07:45 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 530i Mystic Blue, European Delivery, Steptronic, Prem Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Nav, Heads Up, Active Cruise, Rear Sunshade, Rear Side Airbags, Rear Seat Heating, Park Distance Control, Xenon, CPT9000 GSM phone, red rear reflectors, Sirius!!!!

I found Owner's Circle wasn't up-to-date on my ED arrival in the states. I found the following site which allows you to track the passage progress on the ship by VIN number:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/Toolbox/Ap...cking/index.jsp

Good luck!
Old 06-05-2004, 07:59 AM
Members

Once your BMW arrives at the VPC you are pretty much on your own as the BMW tracking system only acknowledges arrival at and departure from the VPC. I don't believe that anyone can tell you the status of your car at the VPC. If your car was damaged in transit your dealer will get a report from the VPC. Your car shouldn't be at the VPC more than a few days so if it is there for over a week I would begin to worry.

Also, remember that once your car is handed over to the truckers at the VPC no one can track it. Truckers have been known to visit their girl friends while delivering your car to the dealer so it is impossible for your salesman to tell you anything about the delivery date until he sees the trucker pull in the driveway with your new E60 on the truck.

Your salesperson has access to a report that is updated every night (Monday thru Friday) with the most current status of your car so they are the person you should ask first. Let them earn their commission.

Hope this helps.