Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

taking delivery

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i order an E60 and when it comes I do not want it because it has damage or rattles etc... (not to my sastisfaction) what rights do I have? Can I refuse to take delivery or is it already as good as mine?
Old 09-17-2005, 07:17 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Not sure where you're located, but I've purchased cars in several states in the US and my experience has been that you haven't legally purchased the car until the day you sign the purchase contract, pay the full price and drive it away. Could be different based on where you live or what type of document you signed when you ordered the car.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by stream' date='Sep 17 2005, 10:17 AM
Not sure where you're located, but I've purchased cars in several states in the US and my experience has been that you haven't legally purchased the car until the day you sign the purchase contract, pay the full price and drive it away.? Could be different based on where you live or what type of document you signed when you ordered the car.
[snapback]171658[/snapback]
I am in CA, but I plan to finance the car, so I will not be paying the full price right away. I was thinking that if this is the case, it may be better to take delivery in the US instead of doing the Euro Delivery? Because you can back out if the car has an issue?
Old 09-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by delirium' date='Sep 17 2005, 11:07 AM
[quote name='stream' date='Sep 17 2005, 10:17 AM']Not sure where you're located, but I've purchased cars in several states in the US and my experience has been that you haven't legally purchased the car until the day you sign the purchase contract, pay the full price and drive it away.? Could be different based on where you live or what type of document you signed when you ordered the car.
[snapback]171658[/snapback]
I am in CA, but I plan to finance the car, so I will not be paying the full price right away. I was thinking that if this is the case, it may be better to take delivery in the US instead of doing the Euro Delivery? Because you can back out if the car has an issue?
[snapback]171712[/snapback]
[/quote]

In CA car deposits are fully refundable by law--if you show up at the dealer and decide you don't want the car, they must refund your deposit (unless you signed a special contract, like Porsche required for those who bought Carrera GTs and had to place a $50K non-refundable deposit).

When I said pay the full price, that would also include signing the lease or loan docs, if applicable. Not sure how ED works, never did it.