Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Special Orders

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 12:32 PM
540 PETE

Has anyone been able to order a special paint color yet? Not necessarily an Individual color but something available on another series? Also, does anyone have a list of order (production) codes utilized worldwide. Trying to be armed before going to dealer and trying to see if a special request might be honored by BMWNA.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 540 PETE' date='Feb 17 2004, 03:32 PM
Has anyone been able to order a special paint color yet? Not necessarily an Individual color but something available on another series? Also, does anyone have a list of order (production) codes utilized worldwide. Trying to be armed before going to dealer and trying to see if a special request might be honored by BMWNA.
Hi!

I tried a special order for sterling grey in Singapore and after a lot of back a forth with the distrubutor as well as BMW Asia, I was told that because E60s are made at a new factory which currently only makes E60s (possibly also E61,63,64s) they are not able to accomodate such requests.

Recently watched a making E46 video and it showed that a BMW's body is sort of pre-made in different colours and stored away. When orders come in they are retrived based on the spec of the order.

I believe BMW usually will not accomodate special colours until the volumes for that model drop (model in mid life for example) that's when they start offering the BMW Individual options.

Of couse they could make expections for lower volume models (eg. M, Z models and perhaps even 7, 6 series) but for the E60, it will be unlikely, at least for the moment.

eggz