Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Rolling in a white Camry for a few days

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by KenTO' date='Aug 17 2005, 11:39 AM
I got stuck in a Toyota Corolla from Enterprise.? Same issue, they were out of loaners.? I hated it, it made my appreciate my 545 even more.?

The last time they gave me a new 330 and I loved it, I drove the hell out of it.

Every once in a while you have to drive a crappy, uninspiring car like a Toyota just to realize how great the BMW is.
[snapback]160272[/snapback]

LOL
Old 08-18-2005, 04:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SteveHI' date='Aug 18 2005, 12:41 PM
It could have been worse - that Civic they initially put me in is a disaster waiting to happen.

While I don't miss my wife's MB, I do miss the level of customer service at the dealership.? Loaners were always available (always C230's though) and they really had a "high touch," similar to Ritz-Carlton, Disney, etc.? Once, when her car wasn't ready as planned, my wife expressed her concern because she had some errands to run that day.? Well, the dealer had a driver take her on her errands for about 2 hours!?
[snapback]160850[/snapback]
the cavalier that i had probably the same as that civic. it was soooo stink ! manual side mirros and manual windows !

i couldn't agree with you more on mb's service. the people in there, even the receptionist, are far better than bmw. what is bmw thinking :thumbsdown:?
Old 08-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Members

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' date='Aug 18 2005, 05:29 PM
[quote name='hpowders' date='Aug 18 2005, 05:28 PM'][quote name='alohalc' date='Aug 18 2005, 04:46 PM']i totally understand how you feel, stevehi, and i'm not surprised at all.? i don't know how many loaner they have for the e60 owners, probably only one.? even time i need one, they told me it's unavailable .? i was so lucky to got it one time, another e60.? i had enterprise couple times.? one time was a cavalier and the other time was a camry.? they asked me if i want to get a accord for $5/day .? i'm not being cheap but why would i want to pay extra ?? if they offered me something the same class as the e60, that's a different story.? our dealer sucks big time ? :thumbsdown:.

daydok, we only have one bmw dealer in this island.? so we have to stuck with them :thumbsdown:.
[snapback]160816[/snapback]
According to a constitutional law attorney I spoke with, getting a Camry as a loaner at a BMW dealership is "cruel and unusual punishment."
The Camry is simply going too far!
[snapback]160843[/snapback]
[/quote]
Amen to that!

Ah, but it makes you appreciate your car when you get it back!!!!

CVT Benhogan
[snapback]160845[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 08-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i

Next time reserve a Z4 3.0L a few days before your appointment and have some real fun.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Senior Members

i don't think they have one as a loaner :thumbsdown:. for us to get a loaner, we need to make an appointment at least couple weeks in advance <_<.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5, Silverstone with black extended leather, brushed aluminium trim, Nav Pro, Logic 7, PDC, 35 % tint.

When I bring my car in to BMW, it is because there is something wrong that the manufacturer did, ie. it is not something I broke or damaged, it is something BMW did not do properly (faulty radio, engine vibration, etc.). It is their fault, not mine.

I pay a lease, so when my car is in the shop, I am still paying for it, even though I am not driving it. Now that I think of it, it is ridiculous that I am offerred a Corolla. I am paying for a 545 and I get a crappy econobox in return. Even a 330 would be a compromise.

Either give me a decent car, or extend my lease for free for the time the car is in the shop, and for those of you who have purchased the car, extend the warranty period.

Believe it or not, when BMW would give me a courtesy car, I felt like they were doing me a favour. Considering how much I am paying, it should be expected that I get a car that is similar to the one that I have brought in.

Considering the glitches in the E60 and the time it needs to be brought in for software updates, etc., the repair time that I am without my car could add up to a lot.

It should be a law that if a car is brought to a dealer for a warranty issue, while the car is being repaired the owner should get a car that is of close to equivalent worth.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, Jet Black/Black, Manual, Sport, Logic 7

Well, my car's been in the body shop since Monday morning and was supposed to be returned yesterday afternoon. After 2 calls to the dealer, it appears that the body shop dropped a hose on another fender, so that now needs to be sanded and resprayed. Meanwhile, I'm driving this Camry which is trying to pull me into oncoming traffic with its serious alignment problem. Of course, the dealer still doesn't have any loaners available. :thumbsdown:
Old 08-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Senior Members

from now on, i have to triple check my car after any service. btw, why didn't you go back to enterprise and have them change the camry?