Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.
View Poll Results: How have you been treated by your dealer's Service people?
Great
26.25%
Good
27.50%
Okay
21.25%
Poor
13.75%
Looking for another dealer
11.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Rate your BMW dealer on Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 12:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ganley BMW in Middleburg Hts. Ohio, has been super to me though 4 BMW purchases, sales and service.

I really haven't had to test them too bad since I haven't had any nagging problems.

DR.Z
Old 09-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tool fan' date='Sep 23 2004, 04:28 AM
We are working this issue right now.? But the rep said that was normal for Germany
[snapback]37398[/snapback]
you have to pay for some faulty parts in the car and they said it's normal ? will they go to mcdonald, buy a hamburger, the burger is spoiled, the mgr tells them it's normal and they still have to pay for it again if they want another one ? that's unacceptable !
Old 09-23-2004, 11:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i all options except, nav abd HUD

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Sep 23 2004, 10:11 AM
[quote name='tool fan' date='Sep 23 2004, 04:28 PM']We are working this issue right now.? But the rep said that was normal for Germany
[snapback]37398[/snapback]
No it's not!

I am a German and I know the law... It's not normal!

If they would try to do it with me they would have BIG problems right now!
[snapback]37416[/snapback]
[/quote]

So what do I do? I have already paid the money. Is there any feesable way that the pads could have been worn down enough to warrant replacing in 6 months? The rep from BMW said that maybe to get the squealing taken care of, it was their last course of action, I am not sure. I speak and read and understand about 90% of the German language. (my wife of 11 years is German, born and raised in Bamberg) I understood the Service Meister say that something was "passiert mit dei Bremse" To me this says something was wrong, in 6 months, even if I drive like an asshole...there is no feesable way I could have worn those pads down that fast and if I did BMW brake pads SUCK!!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by tool fan' date='Sep 24 2004, 09:26 AM
So what do I do?? I have already paid the money.? Is there any feesable way that the pads could have been worn down enough to warrant replacing in 6 months?? The rep from BMW said that maybe to get the squealing taken care of, it was their last course of action,? I am not sure.? I speak and read and understand about 90% of the German language. (my wife of 11 years is German, born and raised in Bamberg) I understood the Service Meister say that something was "passiert mit dei Bremse" To me this says something was wrong, in 6 months, even if I drive like an asshole...there is no feesable way I could have worn those pads down that fast and if I did BMW brake pads SUCK!!!!
[snapback]37689[/snapback]
First off all, it is possible... But you would know about it, because you would have been racing on track all the time.

Now - I think it's too late now, because you don't have a written down statement from your dealer that those brake pads were faulty, and you don't have the brake pads either (they threw them away, right?). So you can't prove that they were faulty and the dealer can now simply say they were just worn down.
All you can do is to call BMW and talk to them - but since there is no evidence... I don't think you will get any money back...

But what you should do... File a complaint about it with BMW Munich!
You can send it by email to: Kundenbetreuung@bmw.de.
Because if those pads were faulty, they should return the money! If not, they should tell you how this can happen when driving "normal" - not on track! They will send you an answer! You should send your VIN and dealername, so they can check if the dealer possibly replaced them under warranty, and made you pay for them too...
Old 10-22-2004, 07:19 AM
Members

My Ride: delivery date 15 juli 2006 525d automatic ,mystic blue with black interior flachgewebe,titan, executive, vision line, styling 138 17" wheels, sports steeringwheel, bluetooth nokia 6310i, dimmed interior mirror,

Breeman rotterdam, has been great to me though 3 BMW purchases, sales and service. i always get a loaner when the need to service the car
Old 10-22-2004, 07:31 AM
JDN
Contributors

I still rate my dealer A1 even though I have been wo my machine for three weeks with no relief in sight. It is not their fault that BMW has not supplied the CAS computer unit for my car. The dealership has supplied me and three other customers with nice loaners during this trying period. Lucky for me it happened at the dealership and not on the road. Dealership is BMW of Dallas, formerly John Roberts BMW.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i Sport. Mystic Blue. Logic 7, 6 CD Changer, Floormats. Just call me the last of the big spenders!!

Bought mine from Holland Park BMW in London. Salesperson is Sara Perry. She really has done a lot for me. It's not like the US where you guys learn the Invoice price and start from there. Here the dealers have us by the balls!! (Can I say that - Oh, I just did!)

Spent 2 hours haggling. She also did me an excellent deal on 124 wheels which included me keeping the stock 135M's to recoup some money. She knows this is a special purchase for me and that I'm not her wealthiest customer.

BTW, I will be posting the 135M wheels for sale in the classified section once I pick up the car on monday (never count your chickens....), so any UK owners who'd like a set of original, completely unused 18" 135M's (sport issue) for a fraction of the cost, GET IN TOUCH!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 09:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

BOB SMITH BMW, Calabasas, 1st class dealership. Exellent customer service and the best service dept in town. They had the best service and ethics with family members running each key dept of the dealership, but an old facility until January 2004. Now they have one of those 35 bay shops where you can lick the orange floor its so clean, and ofcourse the same commitment to their customers.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Senior Members

Based on the poll to date (10/22/04), about 45% of the dealers are "okay or worse". 55% are good or better. Based on BMW's after service follow up, I don't think that's too good of a rating.

I'd be curious to see what data BMW has collected on their follow up calls.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Contributors

bought it from BMW Seattle. Have bought 2 cars with them before...overall is nice, but you need a considerable amount of patient to make the price off the msrp..but once you did , it was worth the time....hahaha.

Quick Reply: Rate your BMW dealer on Service