Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.
View Poll Results: How have you been treated by your dealer's Service people?
Great
26.25%
Good
27.50%
Okay
21.25%
Poor
13.75%
Looking for another dealer
11.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Rate your BMW dealer on Service

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 08:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Qmartin, Pace definetely gets the thumbs up from me. John gannon the service manager is the major reason I will go back there for my next car. The dealership is small so the service is more personalized, just the way I like it. <_<
Old 09-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Senior Members

*bump*
Old 09-22-2004, 05:45 PM
Senior Members

I just wanted to recommend that anyone in Monmouth county NJ to NOT purchase from King BMW in Freehold. I was originally looking about 2 years ago for a 530i and I was dealing with a Mr. Carlton there who was very pleasant. King will only let you test drive about a 1/2 mile trip on streets where you go about 1000 feet before a stop sign. They didn't return emails, even when I sent an email with intent to buy and making an offer from the BMWUSA website. I eventually purchased from Circle BMW which is about 20 miles further away (king is about 2 miles and Circle is about 27 miles from me). I called them to see if I could set up service since they were closer and the soonest they could see me was about a month and they would NOT provide a loaner since I did not purchase from them. STAY AWAY FROM KING BMW. Also my wife is an attorney and is considering a 6 or 7 series and she was very disallusioned with them as well.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i all options except, nav abd HUD

Was at the BMW service Center in Mainz Germany today and I got to meet the IDIOT working on my car. Let me introduce him.

I am really quite so fed up with these freaking people. I love my car, but the service centers here SUCK. I think I know more about my car then they do and I know JACKSHIT about cars. Sorry just venting. I have to pay to have my front brake pads replaced after 6 months. I have been to the dealership/service center 5 times for the brakes squealing over the course of the last 4 months, now they tell that the pads were faulty and because pads are NOT covered under warranty I must pay to have them replaced. And to think that I have been driving at near light speed for 6 months with faulty brake pads. These guys are on cue. IDIOTS
Old 09-23-2004, 03:50 AM
Senior Members

williams manchester is terrible. Actually all williams bmw dealers are terrible. Very bad attitude and service.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 528i
Model Year: 2011

I use Competition BMW in Smithtown, NY and would not recommend them. The sales force is generally disinterested and the service department could take lessons in charm from Leona Helmsley. The last time it took two days to reprogram the TCU for the phone because they did not work on it at all the first day. This after waiting 3 weeks for the appointment. The excuse was that the technician had to work on a 745. I asked if my car would be serviced before all the 3 series cars since they clearly have a pecking order in place.

The first service was to have the I-Drive reporgrammed with the new version. For this they kept the car for one week.

When I bought my Benz several years ago I used Competition Imports (same owners, same town) and the experience was excellent. Very good sales people and a service department that has brought sucking-up to an art form. Why they can't instill this attitude in their BMW dealership across the street is a mystery to me. It could be that M-B demands more of their dealers.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by tool fan' date='Sep 23 2004, 01:04 PM
I have to pay to have my front brake pads replaced after 6 months. I have been to the dealership/service center 5 times for the brakes squealing over the course of the last 4 months, now they tell that the pads were faulty and because pads are NOT covered under warranty I must pay to have them replaced. And to think that I have been driving at near light speed for 6 months with faulty brake pads. These guys are on cue. IDIOTS
[snapback]37324[/snapback]

I wouldn't pay for them if they were faulty!

It has nothing to do with the warranty plan!!!
The part was faulty and should have never been put in your car!
They HAVE to replace it FOR FREE! It's the law!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 06:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Tool Fan, big ditto on what Iceman said. Did they actually say to you the brake pads were faulty??? Excessive wear from aggressive driving is one thing, but I doubt you could do that in the first 6 months. Faulty is their issue, not yours. I wouldn't pay a dime for the brake pads
Old 09-23-2004, 06:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i all options except, nav abd HUD

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Sep 23 2004, 08:13 AM
Tool Fan, big ditto on what Iceman said. Did they actually say to you the brake pads were faulty???? Excessive wear from aggressive driving is one thing, but I doubt you could do that in the first 6 months.? Faulty is their issue, not yours.? I wouldn't pay a dime for the brake pads
[snapback]37396[/snapback]

We are working this issue right now. But the rep said that was normal for Germany
Old 09-23-2004, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by tool fan' date='Sep 23 2004, 04:28 PM
We are working this issue right now.? But the rep said that was normal for Germany
[snapback]37398[/snapback]
No it's not!

I am a German and I know the law... It's not normal!

If they would try to do it with me they would have BIG problems right now!

Quick Reply: Rate your BMW dealer on Service