Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Problems Encountered

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 08:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 530i was picked up on the third at the PDC in South Carolina. I got it back to california with out a roblem. Last monday, the car died with an overheating warning. After being towed to the dealer, It was decided that the computer had had multiple problems and the overheating code was just one of many that had been thrown. A new computer is on the way. The dealer said he would do the Idrive update at the same time to fix the radio and CD issues. BMW has been very good about the repairs with towing and rental cars, but this is not what I was looking for in a $50,000 car.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by segovia' date='Nov 2 2003, 03:30 PM
hi, I?ve had a problem with the cd, it switches to the FM all by itself , it's happenned a couple of times. No big deal but annoying, I hope there's a software upgrade to fix it. The rest is perfect, I love this car
hi. i have a similar problem. only that it switches from the radio or cd-changer to the cd-player. this heappens after i turn off the car and then back on after a while. i "solved" the problem by leaving empty the in-board cd player.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by das' date='Dec 17 2003, 04:01 PM
[quote name='Woodstock' date='Dec 14 2003, 08:27 PM'] [quote name='z' date='Dec 10 2003, 05:31 AM'] Sounds like Microsoft did most of the coding for the 5er's software.
Actually, I think Microsoft did do (at least the iDrive) software, didn't they? [/quote]
Yes, iDrive is based on Windows CE for Automotive Platforms. [/quote]
Damn!
Old 01-15-2004, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by buddy carter' date='Nov 29 2003, 01:22 PM
5. Also has anyome noticed the lack of heat put out thru the vents on this car you can get plenty from the floor but not the vents in the dash i have tried all the settings to no avail i just leave it on auto.
Hi. Go to driver climate setting. Select the dash vents then slide the controller to the left to select the box that is displayed on the screen between the vents and driver. Then rotate de controller to choose what kind of air (cold or hot) you want from the dash vent. When you change the setting on this box, it changes from blue to red and the number of vertical lines also changes.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Members

Hi. My 530d had a few of the problems posted above. Active Steering, Aribag Indicator, CD. I have the "software service pack" installed a few days ago and none were manifesting since.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Love It

3 months and 3,100 miles....not one problem....love it
Old 01-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Members

Hi all!

I had installed on my 530d the software upgrade just a week ago. It solved the airbag indicator and the random failure initialization of the active steering. But i still have a problem with the audio sistem.
I have on my car professional radio + cd changer + logic 7.
When i start the car the audio system plays track 1 of the inboard cd player, regardless of the audio surce that was playing when i leaved the car (inboard cd, cd1..cd6 or radio). It's anoying to hear the same song five times a day. I kind of solved this problem by not putting any cd in the inboard cd player but is this the way an almost 100k car should act?
Any of you experienced this problem?
Old 01-23-2004, 08:58 AM
Contributors

The ignition key that sets yoru identity might be changing everthing back to the setup that you had when you programed the memory. ~~just a thought
Old 01-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Members

I'm using the same key. And it only occures with a disc in the inboard cd player. If i leave it empty, the sistem works properly.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:18 PM
kiki

All this stuff is crazy!! I am waiting at least a year. Who know, perhaps I'll go for the new A6 or the Lexus GS. They're not BMW, but I can't imagine that I would be bringing a Lexus in the shop constantly for computer issues and overheats.

Quick Reply: Problems Encountered