Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

problem with dealer damage ( Wheel )

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 01:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

took my car in for service last week. When i received my car i noticed one of my wheels had a 10 inch curb mark on it. they are telling me they can fix it and that i wont be able to notice at all. has anybody had the dealer fix your wheel and if so is it noticeable. i have attached a pic of the wheel. this is a before pic. i will post the scratch later. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails problem with dealer damage ( Wheel )-250551_28.jpg  
Old 07-28-2004, 01:15 PM
Members

My previous car (E46) had some curb rash on the right side wheels and the repair was done at the dealer through a third party. They repaired the rash perfectly...however, what they did not do properly was thoroughly clean each wheel prior to spraying the wheel with the clear coat finish. This resulted in rash free wheels but wheels that had clear coated dirt on them. Long story short, ensure the wheels are thoroughly clean prior to any finish being applied and it will turn out fine. FYI, the wheels were Style 44, 17 inch. Good Luck!
Old 07-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Members

If the lip is high polished and not chrome they should be able to fix it w/out a problem.I had mine damaged by my Porsche dealer and was fixed perfect.By the way,what wheels are those?They look sweet! Are they 19's or 20's?
Old 07-28-2004, 03:44 PM
Members

the wheels are a polished lip. they are 20 inch maya st5
Old 07-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Contributors

I'd rather have them buy me a new wheel rather then simply refinishing this one.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:25 PM
Members

they told me that they had to atleast attemp to fix it. i let them know if i was going to be able to notice anything i would want a new one.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I always wonder what they do with your / my car when it's at the dealer. If you bring your car in you should be able to expect that they are able to drive it. They drive cars all day. It really sucks when you bring your nice car in that someone else damages it for you.

Nice wheels btw.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Senior Members

My left rear rim was damaged during a tire change. It was repainted to look like new. The problem is that the paint is not baked on like a new on so I can tell the difference when cleaning it. The dirt/brake dust is harder to remove.

There was also a curb rash on the front right rim which I was going to report the next time I visited the dealer. I forgot to report it but upon checking the rim I noticed that it was gone. mmm....

I'm known at the dealership as a fanatic about keeping my ride spotless. On my service worksheet it states that the Service Manager has to check my car before it is released.

Other times the lower door panels have had black boot marks that have had to be cleaned. In addition, my A pillar was scratched when they adjusted my hood.

It only takes a modicum of common sense to prevent all of the above. It's obvious that none of the mechanics own a newer model BMW.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:08 AM
Members

Why settle for a "fix" of the damaged rim? They should replace the damaged rim with a completely new rim at no cost to you. You should always keep in mind that the balance of the rim may be affected by a quick "fix" (trust me). So even if the rim looks ok from the outside, there will no reassurance that there are no balancing issues with the rim (unless you check the balance of the rim). Don't settle for anything less than a new rim....good luck!
Old 07-29-2004, 01:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Hartge530' date='Jul 29 2004, 02:08 AM
Why settle for a "fix" of the damaged rim? They should replace the damaged rim with a completely new rim at no cost to you. You should always keep in mind that the balance of the rim may be affected by a quick "fix" (trust me). So even if the rim looks ok from the outside, there will no reassurance that there are no balancing issues with the rim (unless you check the balance of the rim). Don't settle for anything less than a new rim....good luck!
Hartge530, does your seat still squeak?

Quick Reply: problem with dealer damage ( Wheel )