Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Pretty frustrated with the dealership!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok heres the my story:

I had an appointment this morning at 9:30 to drop my car off. I was on time and the service assistant went over the problems with the car.

1. Eyebrow wasnt turning on - software update.
2. When i start the car in the morning and put it into reverse my car surges and revs when my foot is on the break. - dont know why or what is going on.
3. I said my breaks are acting funny.

I live in lincoln and my dealership is in omaha nebraska. From my door to the dealership it is about an hour drive one way. So after talking to them they hoped to have it done around 3-4. So i told them i wasnt going to make the hour trip back to lincoln to have to turn around hours later to get the car. I spent the entire day in omaha. I get a call at 4. Service manager telling me my car is done and ready for pickup. Perfect i was shopping at Westroads mall right across the street. Hop, skip, and a jump later im at the dealership in 2 mins. I get there and we go over the work that was done. They tell me they did the software update but could not duplicate the engine surging. Of course they cant. This has been happening every morning for the past couple weeks. I said ok well if a problem comes up because of this im going to be pissed! They assure me if anything happens they will take care of it. Ok so then they pull the car around and i see the headlights but no eyebrow. The guy gets out and leaves it running, he says "heres your car!" I said shut it off its not fixed. Go back inside and ask the service manager how you possibly had the car an ENTIRE day and did fix the 2 main problems. He scrambles, and gets the tech. Tech guy comes over and promises me it was just on 5 mins ago. I said ok well its not on now, so the problem still exist. So then they ask me if i want to let them keep it over night and try to fix it tomorrow. I was thinking to myself ARE THAT FUCKING STUPID? No i want to drive 2 hours round trip to come here and get NOTHING fixed. I must of had looked extremely angry because both of them began to say how sorry they are. So i say of course i want to get it fixed. I had to drive a loaner home and completely wasted and entire day to get nothing accomplished!! Wait never mind, they deglazed my breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! front pads = 11mm and rears = 14mm <--- is that good?

As you can see im pretty frustrated/pissed. I have my wheels, and hid kit waiting to get installed. My angel eyes are on the way. Now EVERYTHING has to be pushed back because they spent all day jacking off rather than fixing it. :thumbsdown: all this is running through my head. What should i do?
Old 03-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Wow the fact that they had the car for 4 hours and couldn't even upgrade the software amazes me. What a bunch of jack-asses.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Not much you can do...I had a simular problem...I drove in, waited all day there and when I got the car, everything wasn't fixed...I had to take a day off work and go back...I told my Sa that my bluetooth didn't pair with my phone and the settings weren't there in the idrive...He said "Its probably because you dont know what you are doing." So he sent a mechanic out and the guy tells me they need to do a software upgrade...Any ways had to go back another day...It sucks but your at there mercy...
Old 03-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Contributors

Question

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='825770' date='Mar 24 2009, 09:05 PM
ok heres the my story:

I had an appointment this morning at 9:30 to drop my car off. I was on time and the service assistant went over the problems with the car.

1. Eyebrow wasnt turning on - software update.
2. When i start the car in the morning and put it into reverse my car surges and revs when my foot is on the break. - dont know why or what is going on.
3. I said my breaks are acting funny.

I live in lincoln and my dealership is in omaha nebraska. From my door to the dealership it is about an hour drive one way. So after talking to them they hoped to have it done around 3-4. So i told them i wasnt going to make the hour trip back to lincoln to have to turn around hours later to get the car. I spent the entire day in omaha. I get a call at 4. Service manager telling me my car is done and ready for pickup. Perfect i was shopping at Westroads mall right across the street. Hop, skip, and a jump later im at the dealership in 2 mins. I get there and we go over the work that was done. They tell me they did the software update but could not duplicate the engine surging. Of course they cant. This has been happening every morning for the past couple weeks. I said ok well if a problem comes up because of this im going to be pissed! They assure me if anything happens they will take care of it. Ok so then they pull the car around and i see the headlights but no eyebrow. The guy gets out and leaves it running, he says "heres your car!" I said shut it off its not fixed. Go back inside and ask the service manager how you possibly had the car an ENTIRE day and did fix the 2 main problems. He scrambles, and gets the tech. Tech guy comes over and promises me it was just on 5 mins ago. I said ok well its not on now, so the problem still exist. So then they ask me if i want to let them keep it over night and try to fix it tomorrow. I was thinking to myself ARE THAT FUCKING STUPID? No i want to drive 2 hours round trip to come here and get NOTHING fixed. I must of had looked extremely angry because both of them began to say how sorry they are. So i say of course i want to get it fixed. I had to drive a loaner home and completely wasted and entire day to get nothing accomplished!! Wait never mind, they deglazed my breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! front pads = 11mm and rears = 14mm <--- is that good?

As you can see im pretty frustrated/pissed. I have my wheels, and hid kit waiting to get installed. My angel eyes are on the way. Now EVERYTHING has to be pushed back because they spent all day jacking off rather than fixing it. All this is running through my head. What should i do?
1. Take a deep breath ... exhale slowly!
2. You should have told the SA to arrange for a loaner car to permit time to address the issues you brought to their attention.
3. That would have permitted the cold start surging issue to be in evidence.
4. Tell the Service Manager this was an unacceptable experience - you didn't buy a BMW to be treated with this level of disrespect.
5. You're a when you get upset
Old 03-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by skeeter' post='825774' date='Mar 24 2009, 09:12 PM
He said "Its probably because you dont know what you are doing."
Man, you must be an easy going guy.
It would have been hard for me not to punch that guy in the face after such a comment.

Every time I go to the dealership I have to remind myself that I probably know more than they do. Or are they just all trying to act like total buffoons?
Maybe it wouldn't hurt them to browse the forums a little.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your fault for not micro-managing the situation.

I'm on my SA's ass like stink on $hit whenever
I take my car in. You always automatically need
to assume these people don't know what the hell
they are doing when you first encounter them.

It sucks, but that's human nature for ya !

Only after a few times of proving themselves competent
should you allow for leniency when dealing with them.

After the first time of dealing with my gestapo-esque
tactics, they quickly switched their tune to "Ja Sir, Nein Sir, Herr Tony".

If all else fails, hold the "customer satisfaction" survey over
their head and threaten to give them all 5's if they don't
remedy the situation to your liking.

Don't quote me....but I believe each BMW dealership has to
answer to BMW corporate for the satisfaction of each customer
that fills out one of those forms.

Did you give them your email address so they can email you
a survey?
Old 03-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ynottony' post='825784' date='Mar 24 2009, 09:24 PM
Hahahaha
Old 03-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='825776
Your fault for not micro-managing the situation.

I'm on my SA's ass like stink on $hit whenever
I take my car in. You always automatically need
to assume these people don't know what the hell
they are doing when you first encounter them.

It sucks, but that's human nature for ya !

Only after a few times of proving themselves competent
should you allow for leniency when dealing with them.

If all else fails, hold the "customer satisfaction" survey over
their head and threaten to give them all 5's if they don't
remedy the situation to your liking.

Don't quote me....but I believe each BMW dealership has to
answer to BMW corporate for the satisfaction of each customer
that fills out one of those forms.

Did you give them your email address so they can email you
a survey?
As you should know im new to bmw ownership and am still kind of in awe when i walk around the dealership. My eyes are fixed on that 6er
Im getting broken into this whole thing. But on the other hand they should have stepped their game up as well. We both fumbled and im the only one upset

On the other hand i did get my rear reflectors and alpine white touch up paint
Old 03-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Sport Package, Titanium Gray II Metallic, Wheel Style 124

sorry for your frustrations, i learned to drop my car for a few days and i call a few times a day for updates... or drop off only when you have a Check Engine Light... e.g. at the moment i have a "window trap message" and my window does not open and i had a seat belt restrain message... and this morning i put my sunglasses in my glove compartment and i must have pulled on the lever so hard that it broke so i am definitely going to pay the dealer a visit... i my glasses are locked up lol ... im not kidding my car was at the dealer last month... typical
Old 03-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Contributors

welcome to the bmw world were something as simple as a button missing takes them 2-3 hrs to get replaced my word of advice next time no matter what the say drop the car off and go home because it will never never be done in the time they tell you and second they almost never get all the work done they will fix 2 out of 3 and forget the 3rd lol typical bmw

Quick Reply: Pretty frustrated with the dealership!