Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Pretty frustrated with the dealership!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Anthracite Maple | 6 Speed Manual | Sport Package | Logic 7 | Sirius Satellite Radio
Model Year: 2005

Did you get your car fixed to your satisfaction?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='825831' date='Mar 24 2009, 10:13 PM
i should of had them bring down the car so they could see it in the morning. but hey my baby is spending the night with them and they can deal with it in the morning because i called and reminded them to check it AGAIN in the morning.

As you should know im new to bmw ownership and am still kind of in awe when i walk around the dealership. My eyes are fixed on that 6er
Im getting broken into this whole thing. But on the other hand they should have stepped their game up as well. We both fumbled and im the only one upset

On the other hand i did get my rear reflectors and alpine white touch up paint
You earned those reflectors and touch up paint! ... It shouldn't take so much work on the part of the customer to get things right the first time.

In my experience once the SA understands the customer's expectations, and both parties are fair and reasonable in the approach, that the sailing goes a lot smoother.

Now about that 6'er
Old 03-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BrianTx5' post='828389' date='Mar 27 2009, 02:10 PM
Did you get your car fixed to your satisfaction?
i did get everything fixed and they drove the car to my house with a full tank after i left it with them on a half. Still can't duplicate the surge in reverse but i tried to get it to do it this morning and it didnt. Maybe the software upgrade did something?? Either way my car is a cpo and i still have 2 years and some change if anything major happens.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='828424' date='Mar 27 2009, 03:46 PM
i did get everything fixed and they drove the car to my house with a full tank after i left it with them on a half. Still can't duplicate the surge in reverse but i tried to get it to do it this morning and it didnt. Maybe the software upgrade did something?? Either way my car is a cpo and i still have 2 years and some change if anything major happens.
Software updates are notoriously slow, it took my dealership almost 2 full days to get it updated in mine. Unless it's just a minor thing like fluids/wiper blades they have always had a loaner car available for me. I'd imagine they updated the software in the transmission as well as software in the LCM to fix the eyebrows.

Hopefully you won't have any more mysterious surges!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport package- Sapphire black

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='825770' date='Mar 24 2009, 09:05 PM
ok heres the my story:

I had an appointment this morning at 9:30 to drop my car off. I was on time and the service assistant went over the problems with the car.

1. Eyebrow wasnt turning on - software update.
2. When i start the car in the morning and put it into reverse my car surges and revs when my foot is on the break. - dont know why or what is going on.
3. I said my breaks are acting funny.

I live in lincoln and my dealership is in omaha nebraska. From my door to the dealership it is about an hour drive one way. So after talking to them they hoped to have it done around 3-4. So i told them i wasnt going to make the hour trip back to lincoln to have to turn around hours later to get the car. I spent the entire day in omaha. I get a call at 4. Service manager telling me my car is done and ready for pickup. Perfect i was shopping at Westroads mall right across the street. Hop, skip, and a jump later im at the dealership in 2 mins. I get there and we go over the work that was done. They tell me they did the software update but could not duplicate the engine surging. Of course they cant. This has been happening every morning for the past couple weeks. I said ok well if a problem comes up because of this im going to be pissed! They assure me if anything happens they will take care of it. Ok so then they pull the car around and i see the headlights but no eyebrow. The guy gets out and leaves it running, he says "heres your car!" I said shut it off its not fixed. Go back inside and ask the service manager how you possibly had the car an ENTIRE day and did fix the 2 main problems. He scrambles, and gets the tech. Tech guy comes over and promises me it was just on 5 mins ago. I said ok well its not on now, so the problem still exist. So then they ask me if i want to let them keep it over night and try to fix it tomorrow. I was thinking to myself ARE THAT FUCKING STUPID? No i want to drive 2 hours round trip to come here and get NOTHING fixed. I must of had looked extremely angry because both of them began to say how sorry they are. So i say of course i want to get it fixed. I had to drive a loaner home and completely wasted and entire day to get nothing accomplished!! Wait never mind, they deglazed my breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! front pads = 11mm and rears = 14mm <--- is that good?

As you can see im pretty frustrated/pissed. I have my wheels, and hid kit waiting to get installed. My angel eyes are on the way. Now EVERYTHING has to be pushed back because they spent all day jacking off rather than fixing it. :thumbsdown: all this is running through my head. What should i do?

Sorry to hear that.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Anthracite Maple | 6 Speed Manual | Sport Package | Logic 7 | Sirius Satellite Radio
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='828424' date='Mar 27 2009, 02:46 PM
That sounds like pretty good service.

You could try the 25 second reset for the transmission. But you think they would have done that.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='828424' date='Mar 27 2009, 03:46 PM
Glad to hear your problem was largely resolved. My standard MO is to ride them (with a smile of course) and be on them like flies to paper so that they want to get my problem fixed and get me out of their hair.

I'm always nice, because alienating the service department is no good and will backfire, but I am very persistent with checking up and following up while the car is in. I also always ask the Sales Manager who the best service advisor is and that's who I use.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport loaded

they drove the car to my house with a full tank

I HATE when dealerships do that. How do I know they didn't put 87 in there?!?

You wanna do me a favor? Give me a gas card. LOL