Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

presenting my NEW baby

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 07:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Qdavis, What BMW states is that not all phones have been tested by them hence they wouldnt recommend them , But the ones they do RECOMMEND are:-
-Sony Ericsson T68i
-Sony Ericsson T616
-Sony Ericsson T610
-Nokia 6310i
-Siemens S56/S55

Atm i have none of those, But i will be testing these and post information regarding their functionality with the E60 :-
-Nokia 6230
-Nokia 6220
-Nokia 6600
Old 05-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Senior Members

hello and thank you for everybody's compliments and viewing of my photos.
i am still on the clouds, the car drives like butter. the weather is not helping tonight so my drive is short.
there is no PDC on my vehicle and i have not tried the adaptive xenons to the fullest yet. i will be spending time covering the manuel, but cannot concentrate past the second or third chapters as i've been checking on it in the garage far too often, lol!
i will post more pics tomorrow (ran out of batteries in my digi cam), tool box, engine bay, 545 grills, spare compartment etc.
UP:
the vehicle is definitely worth the wait.
i am quite intrigued by the LEDs on the side of the eyebrows, and i am liking the instant pop up of the trunk more than i thought.
the drink holders in the rear is covered (fold down seats).
DOWN:
the warning screen to the idrive comes on every time i start the car is a bit annoying, is there a way to make it go away once and for all?
the turn signal indicators takes time to get used to, there's no 'click' position.
if anybody like to see certain specifics, please feel free to let me know. i will try my best to post promptly.
matrix i understand how you are feeling now, how many times have you cleaned your garage so far? i have taken out 4 bagfuls of garbage and swept it half a dozen times (still seem dusty).

*for those concerns regarding bluetooth, i am very experienced with this technology and have been using it for over two years. the solution is simple you need not wait for bmw's BT, any bluetooth phone will work (BT is a universal standard of data transfer protocol), just use a bluetooth headset (sony ericsson make the best kinds), specifically look for HBH60/65 or HBH600. i recommend motorola v600, or sony ericsson t68i/z600/p800/900 all works great. the catch is most bluetooth phones are only GSM compatible, which means your choice of service providers are in a way limited. eg t-mobile, cinguar, att in the US or fido, rogers in canada. if you are not a subscriber to these, you will need to subscribe to their network thus getting a new number, this for some can be a problem.
rollee
Old 05-25-2004, 09:37 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Congrats!!! Enjoy your new ride and try not to get speeding tickets.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:52 PM
Senior Members

le 123-18s.
haha thanks! a tap today gets me 140~@3300rpm!
Attached Thumbnails presenting my NEW baby-_wheel.jpg  
Old 05-25-2004, 09:57 PM
Senior Members

from the top.
Attached Thumbnails presenting my NEW baby-ttp.jpg  
Old 05-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Contributors

off topic but which digicam have you got, your pictures are pure magic!, the first one is now my desktop (20"imac)
Old 05-25-2004, 10:40 PM
Senior Members

DD i am flattered thank you!
i am a macuser too. got the ti pb and g4 cube.
i use an old canon s30, its a wonderful little camera.
i shoot @med res and is more than fine.
i will post more in hopes of better weather tomorrow.
these sexy curves are for you doc.
rollee
Attached Thumbnails presenting my NEW baby-img_0011.jpg  
Old 05-26-2004, 02:36 AM
Senior Members

rolle,
thanks for the info about bluetooth. Do you have bmw assist in your car too?

Also, it looks from those great shots that your tires are Bridgestone. I was under the impression that nearly all were being shipped with Dunlops run-flats for 17 and 18" tires. Are they reasonably quiet and are they run flats?
Old 05-26-2004, 03:57 AM
Members

Hey Rollee, hehe believe it or not the garage seemed so dirty that i got it drywalled, just waiting for them to put the new garage door and do the flooring
Old 05-26-2004, 04:12 AM
sj3
Senior Members

Rollee: Re: the lawyer warning... Someone, not sure which forum, posted last month that they were beta-testing a device/circuit board that would eliminate this screen. Basically, it works by fooling iDrive to make it think the warning's been acknowledged. The poster included pictures and indicated the device should be available in 2 months or so (from his post) and that it should be easily installable by almost anyone, except the completely clueless (I may fit in to this category!.

Sam

Quick Reply: presenting my NEW baby