Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Possibly one of the biggest CPO nightmares in BMW history?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So here's an update.....

I've escalated this to BMW Canada. I'm now in contact with someone at the other end of a 1-800 number in customer relations.

The car was dropped of at the dealership on Friday of last week for heavy vibrations. The dealer determined that my front and rear rotors are once again warped which is the 3rd time in the past 20 weeks. As a result the break pads are in bad shape since every time they changed my rotors (3 in total+1 prior to purchase) the brake pads were never replaced. The brake pads have seen 3 sets of warped rotors and are pretty much done. The dealer suggested I buy new brake pads! So basically...I bought a CPO and had three sets of rotors warped with no explanation which in turn caused the brake pads to wear out and the dealer suggests I buy new brake pads!

BMW Canada explained to me that this was a "used" vehicle and that it wasn't new!!! The customer relations rep also claimed that he worked for another car company prior to BMW and it wasn't unusual to see 3 sets of bad rotors in 5 months and that I'm lucky BMW keeps on changing them. He also explained to me that the fact I've had 3 sets of warped rotors, defective front rods and bushings and 4 bent/cracked rims were all isolated incidents and I should ONLY look at them that way. When I told him I was unhappy with the fact that since I called BMW Canada the only result I got was a phone call from the dealer asking me to buy new brake pads and I wanted to escalate this once again within BMW Canada he told me it couldn't be done and that beyond him there was nothing left for me with BMW Canada and nothing more could be done for me.

At this point it's starting to look like BMW has stolen $55 000 from me. I have a lemon and they're telling me to deal with it....I looked into lemon laws but the Canadian government decided against lemon laws in Canada...so that takes care of that!

The customer relations agent at BMW Canada said to leave it with him after I expressed how disappointed and upset I was about all this. His exact words were...and I quote..."I'm doing the best I can here...the dealer hasn't gotten back to me yet and you're freaking out on the phone" lol.....nice! I was upset...but definitely not "freaking out". I'm dealing with a slightly immature early 20's customer service rep at BMW and that's where the outcome of this ordeal rests....
Old 01-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport 6MT

wow. thats all i have to say. You're definitely being wronged here. I work in this field for a living, and i have NEVER seen ANY vehicle warp 3 sets of rotors in 5 months, new pads or not. That is unheard of. Just food for thought.

It sounds like improper torque on the wheels, warping the rotors. That, or, the power assist is constantly applying slight pressure to the brakes (without you pressing the pedal) and that will certainly warp rotors.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Contributors

talk to a different rep from bmw ca

and also look into getting a lawyer for this issue, thatll straighten them out immediately