Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Picking up the 550i, tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,

I have been patiently tracking my 550i. I was told by the dealer, it was loaded on the Common Carrier (Wagonner's Trucking) at the VPC in Charleston, SC. This was on Tuesday of this week. Today, I stopped by the dealer on the way home, 1:15pm, and talked to the general manager. We looked on the lot, but my car didn't arrive. They were unloading a truck, but it had a couple of 650's on it.

He expected another truck in around 3:30pm. When I got home, around 1:45pm, I looked on the internet for Waggoner's Trucking. Of course, no online web check, but I did get the number to customer service. They connected me to the dispatch in SC, and lo and behold, I got the exact location of the truck. It was in Wills Point, TX. About 58 miles from my dealership.

My dealer called me around 4pm to tell me the car was there and I can pick it up tomorrow at 10am. Woohoo!

Why am I telling you this. Because I am going crazy, waiting for 10 am tomorrow. It is killing me!

Also, to let those that are interested in finding out where there car is exactly, Waggoner's has satellite tracking of their trucks, you can call the SC Dispatch. Now, she did tell me that only the "dealer" was supposed to be able to do this, but since she learned, after the fact, that I was the customer, not the dealer, she went ahead and gave me the info, anyway. Here is the number for the Dispatch in SC. 800-968-8107. You will need the last 7 of your VIN.

What I would do is say, this is "Insert any name here" from "Insert Your Dealer's name here". I was told by my manager that I am supposed to check on the location of this Car, VIN #xxxxxx, for this PIA customer that keeps bugging him. Can you help me out? She should be able to get you that info and you can track your car to the dealership.

Good Luck all. Most of you will sleep much better than me, tonight! I know, shut up and be happy you can get a 550i.

Regards, Mike.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Silver Grey 550i (est delivery 12/06) Auburn / Poplar Interior / Anthracite headliner M body aero kit/ sport/ sound/ comfort access/ comfort seats/ sunshade/ sat radio

I know the waiting is tough. Congratulations though! I have to wait another 3 weeks or so. How do you like the formula one ceramic tint?
Arthur
Old 11-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by mehall2' post='200282' date='Nov 18 2005, 05:41 PM
Guys,

I have been patiently tracking my 550i. I was told by the dealer, it was loaded on the Common Carrier (Wagonner's Trucking) at the VPC in Charleston, SC. This was on Tuesday of this week. Today, I stopped by the dealer on the way home, 1:15pm, and talked to the general manager. We looked on the lot, but my car didn't arrive. They were unloading a truck, but it had a couple of 650's on it.

He expected another truck in around 3:30pm. When I got home, around 1:45pm, I looked on the internet for Waggoner's Trucking. Of course, no online web check, but I did get the number to customer service. They connected me to the dispatch in SC, and lo and behold, I got the exact location of the truck. It was in Wills Point, TX. About 58 miles from my dealership.

My dealer called me around 4pm to tell me the car was there and I can pick it up tomorrow at 10am. Woohoo!

Why am I telling you this. Because I am going crazy, waiting for 10 am tomorrow. It is killing me!

Also, to let those that are interested in finding out where there car is exactly, Waggoner's has satellite tracking of their trucks, you can call the SC Dispatch. Now, she did tell me that only the "dealer" was supposed to be able to do this, but since she learned, after the fact, that I was the customer, not the dealer, she went ahead and gave me the info, anyway. Here is the number for the Dispatch in SC. 800-968-8107. You will need the last 7 of your VIN.

What I would do is say, this is "Insert any name here" from "Insert Your Dealer's name here". I was told by my manager that I am supposed to check on the location of this Car, VIN #xxxxxx, for this PIA customer that keeps bugging him. Can you help me out? She should be able to get you that info and you can track your car to the dealership.

Good Luck all. Most of you will sleep much better than me, tonight! I know, shut up and be happy you can get a 550i.

Regards, Mike.

Tomorow is going to be a great day for you my friend, I just picked up my 550 last week, I LOVE THIS CAR, justt be patient breaking it in, treat it like a real lady deserves!!! CONGRATS
Old 11-18-2005, 04:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by almd' post='200325' date='Nov 18 2005, 06:14 PM
I know the waiting is tough. Congratulations though! I have to wait another 3 weeks or so. How do you like the formula one ceramic tint?
Arthur
I like it so much, I have an appointment to get it installed on the 550 at 2pm. It has held up well through this last Texas Summer.

Thanks for the Congrats!

Regards, Mike.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 Alpine White 550i

Congratulations! Have a great time going through all the features and finally taking it out on some wide-open TX highways! It's a blast and a half.

Formula One Tint? I'm going to look into any providers here in Austin.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 530 xi six speed manual/Silver gray-auburn/18inch-style123wheels/premium sound and package/HUD/PDC/sport/coldpackage/Sirius/M-aero kit/Nav/comfortseats/shades/comfort access tires: 245 40 18 Sottozero Pirelli winters (non runflats) 2004 RX330 Lexus - crystal white - reliable, quiet, and the "beater" car for ski trips, hauling, etc. 1995 E34 540i 6 speed black/truffle interior/alpinemp3/XMradio/M5 alloys (Many tears...sold to a fellow Boston bimmer enthusiast!)

Mike-congrats!!! My car status in limbo but I'll be finding out more tomorrow -

what is formula one tint?

Dan
Old 11-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Contributors

I know exactly how you feel.

Have fun tomorrow and please post some pics and your initial impressions as soon as you can stop driving it.

Enjoy. Be Safe.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

SPEED SAFE!!! Congrats!!! I know the feeling cuz I just got mine a few days ago!
Old 11-19-2005, 04:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Silver Grey 550i (est delivery 12/06) Auburn / Poplar Interior / Anthracite headliner M body aero kit/ sport/ sound/ comfort access/ comfort seats/ sunshade/ sat radio

Originally Posted by wulff1' post='200387
SPEED SAFE!!! Congrats!!! I know the feeling cuz I just got mine a few days ago!
Nice car. which clear bra did you get and how does it look on titanium grey?
arthur