Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Ordering an E60 with different OEM Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is the pics of ACZs:
Attached Thumbnails Ordering an E60 with different OEM Wheels?-felge_typ4_comp.jpg  
Old 02-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Contributors

another one
Attached Thumbnails Ordering an E60 with different OEM Wheels?-typiiirennsportpoliert.jpg  
Old 02-06-2004, 12:20 AM
Members

Anyone any thoughts about warranty fitting after market wheels, in the uk my dealer said warranty might be a problem if you get suspension and sterring problems etc
Old 02-06-2004, 12:28 AM
Contributors

yep..you get warranty problems as soon as you change your wheel and suspension. i've experienced it myself here in US. i have problem with the original suspension just a few months ago (that is after i put back my original wheel and suspension), i brought my car to them, and they said that you have changed your suspension..so nothing we can do for your car, because we think its your "other" suspension which broken it. so..you must pay the cost.

blahh..i think they just looking for a reason to get out from warranty. make sure u put all your original parts (wheel and susp) back when you have a problem around there on your car..who knows they dont notice anything. (in my case, i have a little scratch on strutbar i think, so they know its from "other" suspension).

hope this help.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Senior Members

Bad luck Mlist84. I guess here in South Florida the dealers are more forgiving because I have taken my modified cars many many times and never had a problem. In the other hand I never had a problem with the factory suspension.

Going back to the original thread, buy at least 19 inch wheels. 18 will be just a bit too small and 20 (in my opinion) are a bit to big and may give you a harsh ride.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Members

don juan

nice ride, is that silver gray?

gonzo
Old 02-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Senior Members

Yes.. and the wheels were thanks to you. Your pcitures served me as an inspiration so I ordered next day. THe only think that I still need to research and add are the rear wheels. I would had wich to have a bit less of offset (more to the outside) so I'm looking into some spacers. I think a 8mm or 10mm will do. My friend has some extar H&Rs spacers from his 03 530. I will try them this weekend and see what happens.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Members

don juan...you're welcome, i'm not sure about the offset you were referring to. i have 275's at the rear and the wheel/tire combo just comes in flush with the fender lip. i guess 8 or 10mm would be hardly noticeable. i just read an article in one of the bmw magazines i ran into at barnes and noble and it mentioned something about lowering springs to 40mm, that's about a 1.5 inch drop and something about modifying the suspension. i can't remember if they did it to a car that didn't have the sport package. anyway, h&r has springs that would lower it by 30 mm for about $359 and i've inquired with a local speedshop on much to install, roughly about $800 which includes alignment. not sure if this is a warranty concern. but when the car is driven, it somewhat sits lower than it is parked, tell me that's true or just a figment of my imagination. let me know how yours turns out. regards,

gonzo
Old 02-07-2004, 11:40 AM
Contributors

do we need to put off the rear seat to change the suspension?

and..gonzo..can you post your car? i'd like to see it..especially with hartge wheels.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:48 AM
Members

don juan please post more pics of your car with 19"s

Quick Reply: Ordering an E60 with different OEM Wheels?