Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

On Order! US 530i *with* M Body Kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Hi Folks,

Some great news that I wanted to share with the Entire E60 Forum Family -- I just placed an order for *my* dream car!!!

Here are the specs:

BMW 530i:
Titanium Silver, Black Interior, Dark Poplar wood
SMG -- But of course!!!
Power Rear Sunshade/Manual Rear Side Window Shade
Fold Down Rear Seats
Park Distance Control
Xenon Adaptive Headlights (Now Standard)
On-Board Navigation
Sport Package
Active Steering
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
Comfort Seats
** M Body Kit **

So for us folks here in the US I was excited to find out that we can NOW order the M Body kit! YES, It's True!!! I saw a 5 series on the showroom floor with the M Body Kit! If it had SMG it would have been mine! Per other threads posted here the M Body Kit is installed at the Vehicle Performance Center!

Special note on the SMG: Apparently it *IS* an upgraded SMG version and BMW Munich *IS* pushing the timeline up for SMG!!!!!

I will be getting my Production Build number in a day or so.

Man, I can't believe it is finally happening. Now for the tough 2-month wait!!! I can now finally look forward to putting my E60 Forum sticky on my rear windows!!!

I can't wait to join the club!!!!!
Anyone want to buy a 328i?

-Tony
Old 08-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

Hey, congrats on your purchase! I've also ordered my dream car (sig below). If you don't mind my asking (I'm from Monterey County), which dealership in the Bay Area had the E60 with the ///M body kit?
Old 08-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Hi Roleez,

I went to my "trusty" BMW Dealer (that I've been quite happy with these past 8 years. They've treated me well with service and they deserved my business!) which happens to be BMW of Mountain View. They have a Titanium Silver with the M Body kit in the showroom floor.

-Tony
Old 08-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you mean by "upgraded SMG version"?
Old 08-19-2005, 10:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Right on, man. I ordered my '06 from East Bay BMW (week 36 production). They are awesome over there.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:56 PM
Contributors

Thanks 555! We'll have to gather up the other Bay Area E60's and have a party some time!

My530i: Regarding "upgraded SMG", It was posted on another thread here last week, and then I heard about this from another dealer *and* the dealer I ordered the car with. I don't have much more info on this except that the SMG being used on October 2005 and beyond is apparently "smoother".

I'll share more as the information becomes available.
-Tony
Old 08-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by CoolTones' date='Aug 20 2005, 01:41 AM
So for us folks here in the US I was excited to find out that we can NOW order the M Body kit!? YES, It's True!!! I saw a 5 series on the showroom floor with the M Body Kit!? -Tony
[snapback]161349[/snapback]
Aero kit only or do you get M5-style wheels as well?
Old 08-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Senior Members

congrats, cooltones ! if you don't mind me asking, what is the price for the m body kit? it's not on their site yet <_<.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Contributors

Hi Alohalc:

Cost of what they're calling the U.S. M-Aero kit is approximately $4600 retail, $3900 "dealer" cost. Maybe true what the dealer is saying, maybe not. I do however get treated well at my dealer so I took his word for it. Afterall, the M-Aero kit isn't currently shown in the U.S. E60 wholesale options list so I had to take his word for it. There was another E60 forum thread that posted some pix of another 530i with the M-Aero kit on a truck from VPC (Vehicle Performance Center). I *believe* the VPC is located in Oxnard, California. That's where they actually install the kit. Good thing is that it is covered under the BMW warranty.

The U.S. M-Aero kit gets you the front end, rear end, small sport tail, and running boards. I've heard on the E60 forum that other fellow E60 owners are buying the M-Aero kit for around $1500 and then adding another $2000 for installation and painting. I figure for $3900 I get the same thing *AND* the BMW warranty (paint).

Hinckley: The $3900 dealer cost does not include the M-wheels.

I'm just a happy clam because I had mentally written off any opportunity to get the M-Aero kit here in the U.S. and then to find out that I could!

Seeing all those non-US E60s with the M-Aero kit sure made me jealous! IMHO, it makes the E60 look THOUSANDS of dollars more!

Cheers,
-Tony
Old 08-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Good choice. You will love titanium silver, it looks like a million bucks and always looks clean. The black dakota leather is awesome-- kind of a grey/black color.

Quick Reply: On Order! US 530i *with* M Body Kit!!!