Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

New MP3 Service Bulletin & CD/CDC Mute Bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Has a fix come out for the 2nd issue - that the CD track advances even when its muted...???
Old 06-15-2006, 12:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='296138' date='Jun 11 2006, 11:08 PM
Has a fix come out for the 2nd issue - that the CD track advances even when its muted...???
Ok it seems the newer CIP updates that have mp3 functionality also fix the CD track issue...
Old 07-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Members

my cars production date is 7/22/05.
im guessing that means that i could get the retrofit.
does this retrofit cost money? and if so, does anyone know how much?
Old 07-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='296138' date='Jun 12 2006, 06:08 AM
I have another issue that has to be fixed:

When you have selected the random play and you manualy step to the next track, then the random order is cancelled and continues with the standard track sequence :thumbsdown:

Does enyone alse noticed this issue ??
Old 08-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='296138' date='Jun 11 2006, 10:08 PM
My car (2006 550i) was updated with software V22 last week. It DOES NOT fix the "CD track advances when muted" problem. Still have the problem. CA indicated that it wouldn't fix it, and he was right.

Would be interested to hear from anyone who's been able to get this fixed. I understand that older versions (before my car's mfg date of Dec '05) of the software did not have this problem. Sure is annoying.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by jjclyde' post='317985' date='Aug 2 2006, 03:00 AM
My car (2006 550i) was updated with software V22 last week. It DOES NOT fix the "CD track advances when muted" problem. Still have the problem. CA indicated that it wouldn't fix it, and he was right.

Would be interested to hear from anyone who's been able to get this fixed. I understand that older versions (before my car's mfg date of Dec '05) of the software did not have this problem. Sure is annoying.
When I hit mute the CD does stop advancing. So if it is "muted for 10 minutes it does not advance at all. THis was fixed back in my 16.1 update over a year ago and has operated the same as I describe here through each CIP (now PROGMAN) update. However, if I shut off the car while muted, wait for it to go into sleep mode and then restart, the CD will advance on its own even before I take mute off. It will be at least the amount of time from key on until I can get through the USA Accept Screen, hit accept and turn mute off. I also think (have not tested real well) it continues to advance when I am on the phone, but have not cared enough to check it out.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='318148' date='Aug 2 2006, 11:20 AM
When I hit mute the CD does stop advancing. So if it is "muted for 10 minutes it does not advance at all. THis was fixed back in my 16.1 update over a year ago and has operated the same as I describe here through each CIP (now PROGMAN) update. However, if I shut off the car while muted, wait for it to go into sleep mode and then restart, the CD will advance on its own even before I take mute off. It will be at least the amount of time from key on until I can get through the USA Accept Screen, hit accept and turn mute off. I also think (have not tested real well) it continues to advance when I am on the phone, but have not cared enough to check it out.
There are lots of ways to reproduce the problem. The easiest I've found goes like this:
1) While the car is running, or in "radio ready mode", mute the sound system. Doesn't matter if you're listening to the radio, or CD.
2) Turn the car off completely.
3) While the car is completely off (doesn't matter if it's entered sleep mode or not) - insert a CD in the in-dash CD drive (if there is already a CD in the drive, eject it first).
4) Start the car
5) After the USA accept Screen goes away, navigate to "Entertainment"
6) You will find the audio muted (because that's how you left it when you last turned off the car), but the CD advancing merrily away -- you'll be able to watch the time progress, and as tracks go by, the track count advance.

The only reliable way I've found to have the CD pickup where I left off is to switch to a radio source before shutting off the car. Then when I restart the car, I switch back to CD, and it will be where I last left it. Annoying as hell.

BTW - If, while listening to the CD under normal circumstances (i.e. while driving), I push the mute button, the CD will indeed pause. That's not the problem. The problem is the "automatic" muted playing of the CD once the car has been turned off (and then back on).
Old 08-03-2006, 06:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by jjclyde' post='318220' date='Aug 2 2006, 02:23 PM
There are lots of ways to reproduce the problem. The easiest I've found goes like this:
1) While the car is running, or in "radio ready mode", mute the sound system. Doesn't matter if you're listening to the radio, or CD.
2) Turn the car off completely.
3) While the car is completely off (doesn't matter if it's entered sleep mode or not) - insert a CD in the in-dash CD drive (if there is already a CD in the drive, eject it first).
4) Start the car
5) After the USA accept Screen goes away, navigate to "Entertainment"
6) You will find the audio muted (because that's how you left it when you last turned off the car), but the CD advancing merrily away -- you'll be able to watch the time progress, and as tracks go by, the track count advance.

The only reliable way I've found to have the CD pickup where I left off is to switch to a radio source before shutting off the car. Then when I restart the car, I switch back to CD, and it will be where I last left it. Annoying as hell.

BTW - If, while listening to the CD under normal circumstances (i.e. while driving), I push the mute button, the CD will indeed pause. That's not the problem. The problem is the "automatic" muted playing of the CD once the car has been turned off (and then back on).
I agree with all u said. However, I have found the only playing of the cd to be that amount of time from when I re-awoke the car. If I shut down in muted cd and do not return to car for a day or two the only amount of playing of the cd is from door opening or key action. Tells me that my system only looses it's ability to "stop" the cd when reawakened - in my car. I believe this also duplicates your #3 scenario.

But, as you, I have taken to changing to another source to remove any chance of this occuring. One other reason for doing this is - sorry to muddy the waters here - I noticed a longer delay in getting to the accept screen when I was coming back up after shutting down with an MP3 DVD playing in the NAV slot. That and a total failure of iDrive when restarting in this configuration. I just felt that the system was trying to find the NAV disk in this mode and have taken to changing to another source if I have been using my DVD as MP3 player.