Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

New Member : car on order

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,
I'm sitting impatiently waiting for my first BMW to arrive.

My company car scheme allows me to choose most models but very little in the way of options. So i've probably got one of the least specced cars coming my way.

Its a 535d touring sport mystic blue, Auburn Dakota, and tv function. thats it.

Im excited about it but all you guys with loads of options make me jealous!

On the plus side i do get a new one each year. This is the first year that the company I work for has had a leasing deal with BMW.

I had a limit of just ?1500ish to spend on options, i wanted leather so was left with just ?700 to spend.
Just enough for the tv function. But now im wondering if i should have spent my money elsewhere. I have no way to increase the amount unfortunately!

What would you spend ?700 on if that was all you could spend on options ( after leather )?? - it may not be too late to change my mind.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dont have much to work with, so I think you are fine.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Members

My Ride: Due in May 2005 - 535d sport, Silver Grey, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood, Xenons, Adaptive Headlights, High Gloss Shadow Line, 6 CD Changer, M Rear Spoiler

Welcome g002ahe!!!

I was in a similar position with what I could get options wise, and like you leather is a must and always comes first.

My next priority was Xenons. Had them on my previous car and wouldn't now be without them. Not only do they give excellent light, but look soooooo cool as well, particularly with the 5's angel eyes. From the cheaper end of the options list is the High Gloss Shadow Line which sets the car off beautifully.

Whatever you decide to go with you're in for a real treat when she arives, its a fantastic car.

Anyway, sounds like you can have another one next year so you can check out the other options then!!
Old 05-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

HOLY MOLY! A new BMW every year??? and not a cheapie one either... what comp do you work for thats awesome!
Old 05-08-2005, 12:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Welcome to the forum and congratulations,g002ahe!
IMHO TV function is the last thing I wud take as an extra. Even our "all the extras king" Iceman admitts it is a waste of money...But maybe you are in a TV linked company
Old 05-08-2005, 12:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 525D with M-Sport Package (M-rear spoiler incl.) - Manual Drive - Carbon black - amethyst leather (2 tone) - Summer: styling 128 rims (245/35 R19Y - 275/30 R19Y on Michelin PS2) - Winter: styling 135M rims (245/40/18ZR on Dunlop M3 SP Winter Sport)- Logic7 - Nav.Syst.Prof. - bluetooth - xenon - adapt. headl.- PDC - Sun Protection Glass - Through Load Syst. - M5 mirrors - Chrome Grill - Extended Inter. Light Package - Front Seat Heating and...the amazing floormats

Originally Posted by g002ahe' date='May 8 2005, 02:33 AM
Hi all,
I'm sitting impatiently waiting for my first BMW to arrive.

My company car scheme allows me to choose most models but very little in the way of options. So i've probably got one of the least specced cars coming my way.

Its a 535d touring sport mystic blue, Auburn Dakota, and tv function. thats it.

Im excited about it but all you guys with loads of options make me jealous!

On the plus side i do get a new one each year.? This is the first year that the company I work for has had a leasing deal with BMW.

I had a limit of just ?1500ish to spend on options, i wanted leather so was left with just ?700 to spend.
Just enough for the tv function. But now im wondering if i should have spent my money elsewhere. I have no way to increase the amount unfortunately!

What would you spend ?700 on if that was all you could spend on options ( after leather )?? - it may not be too late to change my mind.
[snapback]125570[/snapback]
Welcome g002ahe.
Don't know the exact price of it in the UK, but I would have gone for the Logic7...if you enjoy listening to music of course.
As a driver, I don't think you will have a lot of benefit from the TV. With a 535d, you will have to watch the road and the vehicles you'll be overtaking ...
If you've got kids, you can always get a standalone DVD player in the back later on.

My 2 cents.
Enjoy the car
Old 05-08-2005, 01:17 AM
Contributors

If I had just ?700 I'd have gone for the Visibility Package - Headlight washing system, Bi-xenon lights and Adaptive headlight system

Not to late to change
Old 05-08-2005, 01:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mathmos' date='May 8 2005, 10:17 AM
If I had just ?700 I'd have gone for the Visibility Package - Headlight washing system, Bi-xenon lights and Adaptive headlight system

Not to late to change?
[snapback]125682[/snapback]
and just a thought, I thought you could only order the TV Function in conjunction with Navigation Professional. Your spec doesn't make any mention of having NAV.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride:

Hi g002ahe and welcome aboard,

Like you I'm also waiting for my first company bimmer to arrive.

With 700 sovs available I would choose Xenons over TV every time.
She watches Eastenders and Corrie ad nauseum indoors, I couldn't risk any more of it in my own space...

Greetings from just down the road.

Andy - Newport, Shropshire
Old 05-08-2005, 04:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

Visibility pack - you'll practically never get a chance to watch the TV, the reception isn't that great and you can only get the terestrial channels anyway. Why bother?

Quick Reply: New Member : car on order