Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

My new E60 is finally here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sam, i'm on oahu and it's almost impossible for me to move my car to another island. it'll cost me almost $900 one way, plus my air tickets, plus hotels, etc. so it'll be a very expensive break-in . maybe more expensive than someone break-in my house .

i agree w/you for the upgrade. that's also the reason why i didn't get the premium sound package.

rizbel, thank you and good thing you didn't stop by the dealer. otherwise you'll be disappointed. you know what's funny? both my mom and my girlfriend always tell me the same thing...drive safely. thank you and i appreciate it though .

wslam, or mr. audiophile , i also want to add a aftermarket cd changer. any suggestions? i've heard that no matter a factory cd changer or aftermarket, i still need to take my car back to the dealer and have them activate it. otherwise it won't work. true?

i want to change the fog lights but i don't know the size of the bulbs and not sure how to replace them. i couldn't find these info in the manual. i've heard that the fog lights bulb is hb3/9005. is it correct? i know e39 is using h7 for both headlights and foglights. i changed my foglights on my e39 before and it wasn't that difficult. how about the new e60? are they the same or at least similar? anyone? please advise. thanks a bunch!
Old 06-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sj3' date='Jun 10 2004, 02:01 PM
wslam: Yes, I think I qualify. I wanted concert listening levels in my home without distortion. $10k on speakers (B&W Nautilus 801's), $7k on main front amp (Mark Levinson), $4k on preamp/processor (Krell HTS), $3k on 2 8-foot speaker cables (forgot the name), $2k for an a/c line conditioner, and usually around $200 for most 1meter patch cables, both digital coax and analog, I don't let any signal cables touch any electrical cords. The thing is absolutely jaw-dropping but I didn't do much with acoustics other than making sure I had a nice thick carpet and a nice thick pad and heavy curtains. I think I might qualify! I love classical, swing jazz, and good rock (ELP, etc.). You can't quite recreate this in the E60, but I sure don't want a tinny, underpowered sound which is why I went with Premium Sound. I think our esteemed poster needs to sit in a regular sounded car followed by one with premium sound and I think he'll figure it out pretty quick!

Sam
Seems to me that you got way to much money lying around to spend. j/k.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:40 PM
sj3
Senior Members

I thought I did at the time. Stupid stock market! But, couldn't have done any of it, including my third new BMW (go, E60!! rah rah) without it, a lot of hard work/late evenings, and a touch of lady luck. Weird sense of humor she has, though.

Sam
Old 06-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Members

hello sam.
nice system you've got. i have never heard a good sounding pair of N801 in a domestic environment though. they are so difficult to 'max out' in a domestic setting. i assume you must have a huge room for them, or else, the bass will probably be very boomy.
i dont want to turn this too OT, i will quickly list out what i am using:
Linn CD12
Audio Note DAC 5 Signature (coming next week)
Conrad Johnson ART II
Mark Levinson 33H
Revel Salon

This is just the hifi stuff. have some Proceed stuff for my HT. All cables are either 'z' level Audio Note or Siltech G5.

yap, it costs way more than my 545 (dont forget a car is at least twice the price here in HK with our 100% tax)
Old 06-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Members

Gee....am I going to be miserable with my cheap-a** Logic 7 system?
Old 06-10-2004, 09:08 PM
Contributors

I hope not. That sound package was rather expensive if it is crap.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:48 PM
Senior Members

aloha, i am still at ~900 miles, a little bit more to go, been a very good boy. make sure you drive by waikiki very slowly to ensure those sexy women have ample chance to check you out.
i am getting used to being 'checked out' by all sorts of especially fine female.
i found plenty idiots wanting to race me some are more annoying than others, today a rusty pickup was going vroom vroom at the stop lights, tires screeching and everything. i was laughing so hard, please.
wslam your audio note is actually quite adequate, very fine taste. the benefit of having solid concrete walls of your home compared to the flimsy ones i have in canada.
revel salons eh? do they sound as stunning as they look? i have never heard them but they sure look like they can knock anything off anyone. i still adore my old musical fidelity and rosewood rogers s6.
in a car i am not too particular in the music cause i love to listen to the enigine and the occasional traffic news on the radio. i find i prefer my regular hifi stereo to be turned up higher. i was playing with the L7, its nice but i got tired of the effects after a while, though i don't mind not having them.
i also live without the cd changer, nothing beats my ipod, nothing.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:03 AM
Members

Hi rolleeI can't wait to get my AN DAC 5 Sig. It should be here next week.
And yes, the Salon are amazing. I had the Sonus Faber Amati before. As pretty as they are, the Salon sounds much much better.
If anyone is interested, this is what my audio setup looks like... a yr ago...
My Audio Setup

cheers
Old 06-11-2004, 04:27 AM
Senior Members

rollee, believe it or not, i only drove my car to and from work. not getting a chance to stop by waikiki...yet . it's going to take me awhile to finish that 1,200 miles. i think i won't be able to wait that long.

wslam, your system is really kicka$$ .
Old 06-11-2004, 05:07 AM
Contributors

I live about 1 mile from the linn factory, its a pretty hi-tech place.....used to work with them as a student in my summer vacations.....Have to admit I used to have an all Linn system but I jumped ship and run an all Naim system now except use Linn speakers.

ok, enough off-topic

Quick Reply: My new E60 is finally here!