Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

My new Car has arrived at the dealer WHOOOOHHOOOOO

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

No worries, understood...
Old 08-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Nope not yet. But as soon as it is installed I will post here.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:10 AM
Contributors

Went to my dealer this morning - told him about the wood trim in the middle
console... the wood for the rear passengers and the storage compartment in the
boot....

The guy had no idea....dismissed the middle console wood trim as not possible
to change and that he never heard of the wood for the rear passengers ( unless
you have the rear seat heating ) and knew nothing over the storage compartment in the boot !!!! #$%^&&* !!!!!!

Dennis, I coming to your dealer for aftersales service....!!!

This guy is playing with fire...doesn't realise my passion for this car
Old 08-11-2004, 02:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Ask his e-mail adres and send the picture of the wood in my rear car... I'll see if I can find out if my salesrep already knows something about the wood in the front.

If your salesrep would call the importer they would confirm it to him. Your salesguy is possibly thinking the following: I sold the car, now he's asking anoying questions, let's give him a stick and throw it as far away as possible so he won't bother me anymore.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:38 AM
Contributors

Yeah, I'm doing it now !!!
Old 08-11-2004, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I will never understand those guys at the dealers.
If you show up and such specific information I would take a quick look in my computer system to find what you're talking about or I would call my BMW contact - if I would be working at a dealer...
There is nothing wrong when you don't know everything, but you have to believe your customer first and check. When telling you stuff like "it's not possible" he insinuates that you are a lier, and he loses you as a customer...
I'll never understand it... I guess...
I am in similar situations very often, because ppl want to fly to places I've never heard about... Do I tell them the place doesn't exist ? No. I start searching for it immediately. I can't know the whole world. And there is no need to. Same when working at a BMW dealership. The more you know the better it is. But if you don't know it all, you're not a bad salesrep...
Old 08-11-2004, 04:29 AM
Contributors

That's exactly how I feel and how I practice business.. It's better to be honest with a client and tell him you get back on it. People appreciate that 10 times more then you trying to make an idiot out of yourself.

my 0.2cts