Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

My new Car has arrived at the dealer WHOOOOHHOOOOO

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 07:32 AM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is beautiful. I can smell it from here. Get the kids off the sidewalk and keep the poodles on the leash 'cause here comes 530E60NL.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by browellm' date='Aug 10 2004, 09:02 AM
Wow Dennis, your dealer must be as busy as hell if it's 9 days+ to prep your car after arriving at their centre . That would drive me loopy.
I asked him why and how, and as suspected there are a lot of people on vacation and a lot of cars to be delivered so I have to be patient..
Old 08-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Looks fantastic Dennis..congrats!!!!
Interesting trim amendment BMW made with the rear compartment and the wood
trim for the rear passengers...must be new ?

Probably it will be in my car as well ( I hope ! )

If you plan to camp outside the dealer for the next few days, don't forget the
coffee and your digital camera !!
Old 08-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Hehehehe.. They already offered me a sleepingplace in the glass tower... The salesrep told me he had never met somebody so enthusiastic about a car and he is surprised how much I already know about it (and the future changes).
Old 08-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Aug 10 2004, 11:53 AM
Looks fantastic Dennis..congrats!!!!
Interesting trim amendment BMW made with the rear compartment and the wood
trim for the rear passengers...must be new ?
I don't know because I definately have a MY2004.. Maybe the guys at the factory knew I am a woody
Attached Images  
Old 08-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

The extra wood trim you said is being installed in the middle console, do you mean
the area just above the cigarette lighter where all the buttons for DCS and the
heated seat front. Is this the area you mean ?
Old 08-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Aug 10 2004, 12:04 PM

The extra wood trim you said is being installed in the middle console, do you mean
the area just above the cigarette lighter where all the buttons for DCS and the
heated seat front. Is this the area you mean ?
As far as I know it will replace the area where the heated seats buttons + DSC buttons are.

It has been mentioned in other posts and there is a pdf of it but the pdf is at my office computer (wich I never use to visit this site ofcourse!!! )
Old 08-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

If you mean MY05, yep.
And not the surrounding of the CD/DVD drives and A/C knobs/buttons...
Only the area around the PDC, DSC buttons.
But what he meant is the wood trim in the rear...
Old 08-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Contributors

I'm getting a bit confused here...

The following happened.. I ordered my car and told the dealer that I want the MY2005 wood in the dash for the pdc buttons etc.

I was looking on this board and saw that some cars had the wood in the rear and some cars had a storage compartment in the rear. I stated that I wanted to have the wood in the rear too (even if I had to buy it).

Today I saw my car for the first time and the factory already put the wood in the rear and no storage compartment (Dennis happy .)

So I do not have the wood in the front. The dealer ordered it for me and they will swap it as soon as it comes in (he told me).

phew...I hope that clears the sky!!
Attached Images  
Old 08-10-2004, 11:02 AM
Members

Congrat on the car. Do you have any pics to center console wood trim and the part number?

thanks

Quick Reply: My new Car has arrived at the dealer WHOOOOHHOOOOO