Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Monaco Blue/Beige 550 with M Aero Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW. Stunning looking 550i Great color combination.

What are you doing spending all your time taking pictures and talking to us? Get out there and sit in it ... sleep in it tonight ... read the entire manual .... drive it all over the place.

Get a California Car Duster for those in-between washes ... great for sweeping off pollen.

Congrats!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

Ok just back from quick run with car; lights are great, Xenon is clear and concise, didn't notice lights moving with car around corners really. I LOVE the lights that come on when you unlock the doors; very very cool, especially under the mirrors.

In terms of NAV; I didn't get it, and no HUD or Sirus. Its not that I was cutting corners but I don't need NAV or HUD for the type of driving I do. I will say that without NAV I do not have that DVD port under CD and makes the console seems much cleaner and concise. The screen seems cleaner as well. HUD looks and sounds cool but would have just been wasted on me as I don't really go crazy when I drive (OK that's BS, I was going 85 in a 45 ten minutes ago - but that was the car in 4th gear, not me)

The iDrive is a freaking breeze to work; its like a menu driven software program that takes maybe 30 minutes to figure out from start to finish. I did everything in that time and tonight will read manual to see what "secrets" I missed. I was a bit apprehensive but its a joke how easy it is to use.

Logic 7 is great, I do need to study up on it but had Springsteen sounding like a live concert for a while. That "speed" option is cool - increases volume as you drive faster.

More later.

Kmslo - how's your ride man? Your likely still roaming the streets of SF looking for a race by now. Hope you are having as much fun as I am...post ASAP.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Members

One of these lineout adapters would probably do wonders for the ipod sound quality.

http://www.sendstation.com/us/products/pocketdock/
Old 04-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='275467' date='Apr 28 2006, 09:56 PM
Get a California Car Duster for those in-between washes ... great for sweeping off pollen.

Congrats!
Thanks Tachyon - wondering when you would comment - Thanks this is what I had seem before and want, great call.

I'm reading manual now....
Old 04-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='275468' date='Apr 29 2006, 11:29 AM
The iDrive is a freaking breeze to work; its like a menu driven software program that takes maybe 30 minutes to figure out from start to finish. I did everything in that time and tonight will read manual to see what "secrets" I missed. I was a bit apprehensive but its a joke how easy it is to use.
You're making me wish I have my car today! Right now! DAMNIT!!!

I found the iDrive easy to use too and I have had hardly any previous experience with it. If you go the MB forum you'll find many people who highlight how cumbersome the iDrive is and how it's a turn off....I just don't get it.

Did you get the Voice recognition option? I loved it on the test car and couldn't order the car without it. The city I live in has like 5 different speed zones and to be able to change the speed limit by simply saying "SET LIMIT; 55" then 10 mins later "SET LIMIT; 115" it was awesome..
Old 04-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Contributors

Congrats. Beautiful color combination and very nice photos. Your writeup brought back memories when we picked up ours at the dealer. Enjoy.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by Veight' post='275464' date='Apr 28 2006, 08:45 PM
The picture you took of the back seat. Look at the metallic flake in the monaco blue in the back pillar. Stunning. I think when I get mine i'm not driving it. Ill put it in my living room and just dust it occasionally.

Ain't that the damn truth
Old 04-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Leburpor' post='275475' date='Apr 28 2006, 09:07 PM
You're making me wish I have my car today! Right now! DAMNIT!!!

I found the iDrive easy to use too and I have had hardly any previous experience with it. If you go the MB forum you'll find many people who highlight how cumbersome the iDrive is and how it's a turn off....I just don't get it.

Did you get the Voice recognition option? I loved it on the test car and couldn't order the car without it. The city I live in has like 5 different speed zones and to be able to change the speed limit by simply saying "SET LIMIT; 55" then 10 mins later "SET LIMIT; 115" it was awesome..

I 2nd that...i want mine now too. I almost want to go to my dealer tomorrow and take out a 550 on another test drive. That is unless WBMII would want to drive his to Chicago and let me drive his...
Old 04-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Senior Members

[quote name='Leburpor' date='Apr 28 2006, 10:07 PM' post='275475'

[/quote]

I'm not sure, I know I can program my phone numbers via voice recognition - I better read up - thanks for the tip.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Senior Members

If you have this button then I'm pretty sure you can do it.

To set limit IIRC you need to say "COMPUTER" then "SET LIMIT" then "FOURTY FIVE" to set 45kmh (or mph).
Attached Thumbnails Monaco Blue/Beige 550 with M Aero Kit-voice_control.jpg  

Quick Reply: Monaco Blue/Beige 550 with M Aero Kit