Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Military Discount

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My son is in the Air Force and will be deploying to Germany. Is there special pricing for a US spec car purchased by someone in the US military? Thanks
Old 03-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

http://www.pentagoncarsales.com/
Old 03-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

PM me, there are other options besides Pentagon car sales.

Although Pentagon does accept trade-in's.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

my cousin is in the marines and stationed in europe. He was telling me that the us military will ship your car back to the states free of charge once your tour is over and you return to the states. You would have had to shipped your car to europe prior to also. If i remember right that car gets shipped from the states to europe free also. If this is true and you are in the military, why not buy a used beater, ship it to europe...sell it for cheap, and let the us government pay for your new e60 to get shipped back home. Even if this program is true I am sure there are some stipulations to this...again, this is what my cousin was telling me after a few beers...wonder if it's tru...
Old 03-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 Porsche Cayman S. Black on Black with Black tint. Sport (thicker) steering wheel, Heated Sport Seats, OEM Short Shifter, Clear Engine Cover. [b][u]SOLD! '08 550i 6SPD, Alpine White w/ OEM Carbon Fiber, Perforated Black leather, Anthracite Bamboo Trim[/u] full Sports Package with OEM Carbon Fiber Splitters and Diffuser, Cold Weather Package, Logic7, BMW Professional Nav, Heated/Ventilated 20 way Front Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Split Rear Seats, Comfort Access, iPod, PIAA Fog Lights, Xenon Match Interior Lighting, 12mm Rear Spacers, Gloss Black Model Designation, Carbon Fiber Door Pillar Covers, AngeliBrights (temporary set in place), ACS Style CF Diffuser, RDSport Quad conversion. RPI scoop (black) [u]2000 Z3 Coupe 2.8, Topaz Blue, Black Leather, Walnut Trim[/u] Koni Adjustable's w/ Racing Dynamics springs (1.75" drop), UUC LTW FW, E39 M5 Clutch, Wilwood Big Brakes, UUC Motorworks SSK, Rogue Engineering Big Boy Clutch Stop, Rogue Engineering Pulleys, EuroSport CF CAI, Sharked, Hawk HP+ Pads, Hamman Side Outlet Vents, ACS Type 3 18"s(replica) and 1000w pumping through a JL10W6[/b]
Talking

I can answer most of your questions... PM me. There are stipulations to what the military will ship for you, but with a new BMW purchase, they roll the shipping cost into the total cost

I just arrived back stateside (to Arizona) and my '08 550i is on the boat back from Germany. I purchased it through a military sales agent and they took care of everything...
Attached Thumbnails Military Discount-img_0309.jpg  
Old 03-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by cpiskai' post='547305' date='Mar 18 2008, 08:11 PM
I can answer most of your questions... PM me. There are stipulations to what the military will ship for you, but with a new BMW purchase, they roll the shipping cost into the total cost

I just arrived back stateside (to Arizona) and my '08 550i is on the boat back from Germany. I purchased it through a military sales agent and they took care of everything...

nice color choice, and to the forum and back to the states cpiskai
Old 03-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 535xiT
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='547310' date='Mar 18 2008, 08:24 PM
nice color choice, and to the forum and back to the states cpiskai
The BMW Military Sales program has great pricing... I saved about 5k on my touring.

Really, it's the way car buying should be... you walk in, name your options, pay your money, and walk out.

The only thing to bear in mind is that if something is messed up with the car on delivery, you're in an awkward spot with little legal recourse, since you're dealing with overseas entities.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by SportUniversaal' post='547356' date='Mar 19 2008, 05:56 AM
The only thing to bear in mind is that if something is messed up with the car on delivery, you're in an awkward spot with little legal recourse, since you're dealing with overseas entities.
BS and you still have the bmw warranty when you are back stateside and its 4yr/50K
Old 03-20-2008, 06:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='547269

The military will ship a "standard sized" auto back to one of several Vehicle Processing Centers that you can choose free of charge. Oversized vehicles (pickups, SUV's etc) will incur an additional cost.

BMW does provide free U.S. shipping through an independent agent (I believe its the same one they use for the ED program). However, the cost is not "free". You have to pay a few hundred dollars up front for administrative costs and port charges. The kicker here is that if you choose this option the car only gets delivered to one of several U.S. PORTS. Which means that if you live in lets say, Atlanta - the nearest port is Brunswick which is 5 hours away. You either have to go to the port to pick up the car or arrange for additional shipping (at your cost) to have the car brought to your location.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bad2bone' post='547364' date='Mar 19 2008, 01:12 AM
BS and you still have the bmw warranty when you are back stateside and its 4yr/50K
+1 Any new BMW purchased in Germany can be serviced there. However, the BMW warranty for all vehicles in Germany is 2 years. The stateside warranty doesn't apply until you get back to the states.