Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Logic7 vs Sports Package

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about to order my first BMW (06 530i).

In many posts throughout this forum, both the sports and premium sound package are highly recommended. However, what should I do if I can only select one? (My wife has set a strict spending limit - of course, this is after she declared that navigation and a number of her personal favorites were "must haves").

Since I have no ownership experience to fall back on, your perspectives would really help. If you have both of these options, which one has become more indispensible? Or if you have one, would you swap it for the other?
Old 07-29-2005, 12:16 AM
Members

I was lucky enough to have both. I think the sport package is a must - makes the car alot nicer to look at and I prefer the suspension set-up.

Having said that, my logic 7 is fantastic. I dont think that many cars get specced with it - it is a ?900 option, i think. My sales guy at the dealer couldnt believe the sound - I really recommend it.....I know that someone will come on and say its not a patch on a blah de blah, but yada yada yada who is going to mess around having an after market system fitted in to a brand new ?40K car?!

I had HIFI stereo in my old, old 2001 330ci sport, and I though is was utter utter sh*te, but peeps on here have said its ok, so that may be an option.

I would have to say that I would go for sports over stereo every day of thh week.

(Your wife is right about the nav - is great, but at ?2100 (if you get the package) its a lot of ?$?$.)
Old 07-29-2005, 12:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Touring, pro nav, Logic7, leather, 18 inch, steptronic

Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7

It worths!!!!!!

Best Euro 1700 spent! (In Italy)
Old 07-29-2005, 01:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Definitely SPORT package, that is what actually makes the car and drive!!!! and the look.
You can always upgrade your sound on aftermarket later and easier.
Sport package is great value and too much expensive to get afterwards....
So again SPORT PACKAGE
Old 07-29-2005, 02:08 AM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, bestbuy ! i think it really depends on which one is more important for you. better test drive one with and w/o sport pkg and listen to the one with and w/o logic7. compare everything before you make the final decision. most important of all, have your wife compare/test everything with you or she'll yell at you everyday .
Old 07-29-2005, 02:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

[ most important of all, have your wife compare/test everything with you or she'll yell at you everyday .
[snapback]154277[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's a good one. Seems like you have been married for some time
Old 07-29-2005, 02:43 AM
Senior Members

believe it or not, i'm single . so email all the hot girls phone numbers/email addresses to me .
Old 07-29-2005, 02:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d GT, Blue, Beige Dakota Leather, Pro Sat Nav, Interior Lights Pack, Adaptive Lights, Advanced Aircon

Originally Posted by Rutto' date='Jul 29 2005, 08:42 AM
Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7 Logic 7

It worths!!!!!!

Best Euro 1700 spent! (In Italy)
[snapback]154260[/snapback]
It has to be, the car is good enough without the sports package!

Wish I had it, but finances at the time wouldn't allow me to !
Old 07-29-2005, 03:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 525D with M-Sport Package (M-rear spoiler incl.) - Manual Drive - Carbon black - amethyst leather (2 tone) - Summer: styling 128 rims (245/35 R19Y - 275/30 R19Y on Michelin PS2) - Winter: styling 135M rims (245/40/18ZR on Dunlop M3 SP Winter Sport)- Logic7 - Nav.Syst.Prof. - bluetooth - xenon - adapt. headl.- PDC - Sun Protection Glass - Through Load Syst. - M5 mirrors - Chrome Grill - Extended Inter. Light Package - Front Seat Heating and...the amazing floormats

Although I am a music lover, I would simply not have bought the car without the sports package.
The Logic7 is great, but I could live without it, as I spend more time out of the car than in the car...and I have a good sound system in my home.
No brainer for me!

Originally Posted by bestbuy' date='Jul 29 2005, 09:39 AM
I'm about to order my first BMW (06 530i).

In many posts throughout this forum, both the sports and premium sound package are highly recommended. However, what should I do if I can only select one? (My wife has set a strict spending limit - of course, this is after she declared that navigation and a number of her personal favorites were "must haves").

Since I have no ownership experience to fall back on, your perspectives would really help. If you have both of these options, which one has become more indispensible? Or if you have one, would you swap it for the other?
[snapback]154247[/snapback]
Old 07-29-2005, 06:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jul 29 2005, 03:43 AM
believe it or not, i'm single .? so email all the hot girls phone numbers/email addresses to me ? .
[snapback]154281[/snapback]

Single?

Quick Reply: Logic7 vs Sports Package