Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Lease Expiring in May

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535i: Titanium Silver Metallic/Gray Dakota/Sport/Premium/Sport Auto/Paddles/iPod/Satellite Radio/Park Distance/Bamboo Anthracite

Originally Posted by BigMike' post='817201' date='Mar 15 2009, 08:35 AM
Wow, Mercedes-Benz offered me an S350 with half of the amount at 1.x% interest. Soon I think all
the dealers will have to give better offers seeing that interest rates are so low....
Yeah. MB started this on March 1 and it runs through end of March. But they are not advertising this which I think is unwise considering BMW is advertising the heck out of their aggressive options. MB had to do something because BMW was killing them and they were losing a lot of return business. When I was looking about 2 weeks ago, all the dealerships were dead except for BMW.

Ok back on topic.

1) If you really want to wait for the new model, call BMWFS and negotiate a lease extension at a lower price. They want to keep your business.
2) Go with the manufacturers demo and get all the bells and whistles. They tend to have most of them to begin with and the 2 year lease may be much better so you get a nice ride and position yourself for the new models.

I went with a 3 year lease on a manufacturers demo. I'm going to let the issues for the first run of the new models to get ironed out. I'd rather wait one year into a model for all of the problems to be discovered and addressed and being a year behind doesn't bother me.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='817220' date='Mar 15 2009, 10:45 AM
BMWCCA Program ... for newbees or uninformed consumers, this is separate from dealer discounts or BMWNA Program Discounts or Special Purchase/lease Program options.

If you're intending to rent (aka lease) or buy a new or pre-owned BMW you really should know about the BMWCCA and its benefits.

http://stage.bmwcca.org/index.php?pa...ership_rewards
I was merely stating that i chose the 12K discount for a car with a few thousand miles on it for the lease as opposed to a smaller BMWCCA discount. now, if i was ordering a car, which i will do with my next one, i will use the BMWCCA discount. I am a member and to this point, it is the only benefit that is worthwhile. roundel kinda sucks...
Old 03-15-2009, 06:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by inuwashi' post='817222' date='Mar 15 2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah. MB started this on March 1 and it runs through end of March. But they are not advertising this which I think is unwise considering BMW is advertising the heck out of their aggressive options. MB had to do something because BMW was killing them and they were losing a lot of return business. When I was looking about 2 weeks ago, all the dealerships were dead except for BMW.

Ok back on topic.

1) If you really want to wait for the new model, call BMWFS and negotiate a lease extension at a lower price. They want to keep your business.
2) Go with the manufacturers demo and get all the bells and whistles. They tend to have most of them to begin with and the 2 year lease may be much better so you get a nice ride and position yourself for the new models.

I went with a 3 year lease on a manufacturers demo. I'm going to let the issues for the first run of the new models to get ironed out. I'd rather wait one year into a model for all of the problems to be discovered and addressed and being a year behind doesn't bother me.
+1 on the manufacturer demo. i am driving an incredible car for much less then considerably shittier cars!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

I can add that you certainly won't be disappointed in a 550i. I really like mine and I can get 26 mpg highway. Not bad. My overall average is 19-20 depending on how much city mileage or agressive driving I do (9 mpg on track).

I do have to say the 535i is probably the better value (nearly the performance for less dough) but by the time you add the performance upgrades, wheels, and aero kit, haven't you spent just as much? PS I'm not meaning to start another 535i vs 550i war....

If you really want to wait, I'd see if they could extend the lease. Otherwise, get a new 535i, be happy with it for 3 years, and you'll end up getting the F10 after the 1st year bugs are worked out.

On the otherhand, leasing and modding don't work well together. Get the 550i if you want the goodies up front.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Richard in NC' post='817228' date='Mar 15 2009, 11:10 AM
I can add that you certainly won't be disappointed in a 550i. I really like mine and I can get 26 mpg highway. Not bad. My overall average is 19-20 depending on how much city mileage or agressive driving I do (9 mpg on track).

I do have to say the 535i is probably the better value (nearly the performance for less dough) but by the time you add the performance upgrades, wheels, and aero kit, haven't you spent just as much? PS I'm not meaning to start another 535i vs 550i war....

If you really want to wait, I'd see if they could extend the lease. Otherwise, get a new 535i, be happy with it for 3 years, and you'll end up getting the F10 after the 1st year bugs are worked out.

On the otherhand, leasing and modding don't work well together. Get the 550i if you want the goodies up front.
the turbos make the 535 super easy and cost effective to upgrade performance wise though. i think it is safe to say you would be pleased with either car... it depends on what kind of mods you are looking at doing and what kind of deal you will get on a car. the right deal may come along for either car at any moment...
Old 03-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Contributors

try to extend your lease they shouldnt deny you. or go look at the jag or might i recomend the new 7 series or a x5 in the mean time?
Old 03-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Why not change it up and get a 335 Coupe , great car and something different !
Old 03-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='817224' date='Mar 15 2009, 10:54 AM
I was merely stating that i chose the 12K discount for a car with a few thousand miles on it for the lease as opposed to a smaller BMWCCA discount. now, if i was ordering a car, which i will do with my next one, i will use the BMWCCA discount. I am a member and to this point, it is the only benefit that is worthwhile. roundel kinda sucks...
If you are buying a new or CPO from a BMW dealer the discounts and BMWCCA Member Reward Programs are separate ... and can both be applied.

Sorry you feel that the Roundel "sucks" ... my problem with print info is the lag in production time when so many people are accustomed to instant info. That said, I don't take my laptop into the can so the magazine is my on-crapper info source
Old 03-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='817065' date='Mar 15 2009, 12:11 AM
Hi,
I have not been here in a while. Well, my 3 year lease is up in May. I have a 2007 530i (see below for description). I want to do another 3 year lease. Actually, as you can see below, I actually want to do a 2 year lease, but the residual is horrible, so I am stuck with 3 years.

I really wanted to wait until the newly designed 5-series will be out, but now I am stuck. If I do a 3-year lease, I will get stuck with an old design car for a couple of years. I hate driving around with a car that is an older design when the new models come out.
I understand that the new 5-series design will be out in about 12-15 months.

When I first got my 530i, I never put on all of the mods.
Now, if I go with a 5-series, I can get the Aero Kit and all of the other goodies.
What is the advice on model? 535i or 550i?
I hate the fact that the 550i gets such poor gas mileage. It is not a money issue. It is more of an issue of having to fill my tank all of the time.
If money is not really an issue (but "value" is an issue), is it worth getting the 550i with Aero kit? Is this a good idea considering the change of design by next year? Would you go with the 535i with Aero Kit (I have my #166 wheels from my existing car)?
Would any of you consider other kinds of cars such as Mercedes or Lexus to fill in the gap until the new 5-series design comes out?
What is the good advice here in light of my timing? Thanks in advance for the recommendations.
Best regards,
Richard
Perfect opportunity for me to get flamed. Here goes. For an interim car (or even longer) try a Cadillac CTS. You can probably find one at a fire sale because of the economy. If you get the 3.6 or the 3.6 Direct Injection, you will love the power. You cannot move away from an intersection with the 3.6 DI without spinning your wheels--well, if you drive that way.

They are reliable. My CTS rides like my 530i, and both do not seem to have any built in problems. I have an 04 CTS and an 07 530. The CTS is tight and feels like the 530. BTW, my CTS has the sport package, which I guess, results in much of the feel like the 530.

Take a test drive. And I don't work for GM in any capacity. Just my personal 2 cents.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by z06bigbird' post='817291' date='Mar 15 2009, 12:34 PM
Perfect opportunity for me to get flamed. Here goes. For an interim car (or even longer) try a Cadillac CTS. You can probably find one at a fire sale because of the economy. If you get the 3.6 or the 3.6 Direct Injection, you will love the power. You cannot move away from an intersection with the 3.6 DI without spinning your wheels--well, if you drive that way.

They are reliable. My CTS rides like my 530i, and both do not seem to have any built in problems. I have an 04 CTS and an 07 530. The CTS is tight and feels like the 530. BTW, my CTS has the sport package, which I guess, results in much of the feel like the 530.

Take a test drive. And I don't work for GM in any capacity. Just my personal 2 cents.
my friend has an STS, which is much nicer then the CTS, and it doesnt hold a candle to my 535. the leather feels cheap, rides okay, nice NAV screen, doesnt look anywhere near as nice as an E60 though...

what is going on here?

Quick Reply: Lease Expiring in May