Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Lease exit

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i, titanium gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, red rear reflectors, chromed std 545 oem wheels

I am looking to get out of a 525 lease with 20 months left on the lease. I have heard about "swapalease" and "leasetrader.com" as possible places to find someone to take over a lease. Has anyone had experience are know of someone who has had good or bad experience with such an effort. I love this car, but am changing jobs and want to get out of the lease, until the next opportunity comes along. I could also go back to the dealer, but am not sure why they would be willing to discount the lease buyout. This board is a wealth of knowledge, any suggestions.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by Tgrey' post='280766' date='May 10 2006, 07:21 PM
I am looking to get out of a 525 lease with 20 months left on the lease. I have heard about "swapalease" and "leasetrader.com" as possible places to find someone to take over a lease. Has anyone had experience are know of someone who has had good or bad experience with such an effort. I love this car, but am changing jobs and want to get out of the lease, until the next opportunity comes along. I could also go back to the dealer, but am not sure why they would be willing to discount the lease buyout. This board is a wealth of knowledge, any suggestions.
depending on the car....your best bet may be to sell the car. I just sold my leased 04 530, and while it appeared I had some equity in the car, I ended up selling it for what the payoff was. I was 19 months into a 36 month lease. My experience was that in spite of the dealer's promises to get me out of my lease and into my new car.......there really weren't any good ways to get out of the lease.....the lessors are in it to make money, after all!! Try checking bluebook values....and see how upside down you are.......

Good luck!!
Old 05-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i, Sport Package, Premium Package, Navigation.

Originally Posted by Tgrey' post='280766' date='May 10 2006, 07:21 PM
Swapalease works well. Usually someone will assume your lease and pay for the transfer fee that BMWFS charges.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

BMW charges $500 for the transfer of a lease. As for them allowing you to get out of your lease without you buying the car or finding someone to assume it, good luck. BMWFS wouldn't even let me out of my lease one month early to get into my 550. IMHO, BMW does absolutely nothing to show that they appreciate my business and could care less if I stay with them or not.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 525DSE Auto Olivin

It's the same with all leases, remember the three E's:

Early termination
Excess Mileage
Excess wear and tear

Any of these and you will get stung.