Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

How long was your waiting period?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last week my dealer told me that the earliest slot they could get for my order is for a June build. This means it'll be August before I'll see it in Australia. Some of you posted how it only took about a week for your car to be built and you got the build date days after your order. My dealer thinks its only for US cars

Anyway, would you mind posting the following so that I can have a better idea on how long you had to wait?
- Date ordered
- When your build date was and how long after order did you receive your build date
- When you received your car
- Country you are in

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

Originally Posted by Leburpor' post='281686' date='May 12 2006, 05:57 PM
Last week my dealer told me that the earliest slot they could get for my order is for a June build. This means it'll be August before I'll see it in Australia. Some of you posted how it only took about a week for your car to be built and you got the build date days after your order. My dealer thinks its only for US cars

Anyway, would you mind posting the following so that I can have a better idea on how long you had to wait?
- Date ordered
- When your build date was and how long after order did you receive your build date
- When you received your car
- Country you are in

Thanks!

Yep, hard to admit, but US customers get to enjoy the most benefits when it comes to buying a new car... I guess it's a part of being the largets consumer market in the world...

I had to wait almost 5 months to get delivey on a new VW GTI in Israel (and pay almost $58K for that piece of @#%#...) and here (in the US...) While hanging up the phone with the dealer after placing an order on my 550i, I already have a production date scheduled for few days later - built to my specs..... the dealers here have almost endless open spots for production, god forbid not to upset a customer and by that push him around the corner to get an MB from the competitor's lot...

Old 05-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

44 days in usa. see signature for details. good luck.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Senior Members

Here in the UK my dealer had a number of "Vanilla" e6Xs on the system which would be built ANYWAY within a few weeks. I Think they showed as code 1100 on the BMW system.

The technique is then hook onto one of these and spec it up, making it "yours". Just before it goes into build it become code 1300 (no more mods to spec possible) and it rolls off the production line.

Specced and ordered mine 4th March, Build date already slated for week 13
At dealer 10th April
UK

37 days

ABC
Old 05-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 530xi

Exactly 7 weeks. I'm in New York, USA.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I waited six months from order to delivery but you can't use my experiences as an accurate measure of "normal" since I ordered Nav, SMG, and HUD before they were being produced. I ordered in November 2003 but we grabbed a March allocation from the dealer since most of these options weren't slated to begin production until February 2004. My car was built in early March but my delivery was April 19, 2004 at the Performance Center. Choosing Performance Center Delivery adds a few more weeks to the delivery date so they have an adequate "buffer" in case there are any delays in production or shipping.

Man, those six months were killer!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Senior Members

Thanks for the reply guys. I just don't get why the dealer could only get a slot 4 weeks after the order date. Anyway, there might be a silver lining to this as I'm now tempted to change color from Silver Grey to Carbon Black. Going to the dealer today to view a demo Carbon Black. I was keen with the Monaco Blue but apparently it's extra $$ as it's not available with the Sports Pack....bahh...

I would really love to hear from other members who are in Australia. Did you guys had to wait a long time as well??
Old 05-13-2006, 02:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d E60 Individual

Hi - I'm new here moving from a E90 to a E60 this June.

I was very impressed with my dealer in that the order was placed this week for the car and is due 3rd week in June!

I have ordered a black 520d M sport with leather and a few other toys to replace the black E90 I have now.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by K2NLY' post='281816' date='May 13 2006, 11:42 AM
Hi - I'm new here moving from a E90 to a E60 this June.

I was very impressed with my dealer in that the order was placed this week for the car and is due 3rd week in June!

I have ordered a black 520d M sport with leather and a few other toys to replace the black E90 I have now.
Been waiting slightly longer ordered mine on 7th April and taking delivery 3rd week in June too. Exactly same model - they're probably next to each other on the production line

Post some pics when you get it - what options did you go for?
Old 05-13-2006, 04:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d E60 Individual

Originally Posted by cameron' post='281823' date='May 13 2006, 12:55 PM
Been waiting slightly longer ordered mine on 7th April and taking delivery 3rd week in June too. Exactly same model - they're probably next to each other on the production line

Post some pics when you get it - what options did you go for?
Hi - The most important options for me after test drive was the black Dakota Leather as I didn't like the standard sports seats material. I also went for HI-FI speakers as currently have iPOD in current E90 and it sounds great, dark back windows to protect babies from sun, rear spoiler and no badge/smokers pack.

I almost went for the ?100 upgrade to black dash inserts but thought it would make the interior look to dark, so stuck with silver cubes.

What about you ?

Quick Reply: How long was your waiting period?