Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Just wondering

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 01:28 PM
FIG
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hello all,
I am new to the BMW world. I was shopping for a new car and saw a 2004 530i. I fell in love with everything about the car. The dealer had one left that was not picked up by its owner. ( I think his financing fell through) But the car was avaliable and i took it. I was wondering how can i learn about my car? I hear you folks talk about active steering. How do i know what my car has. Sorry for my ignorance but hopefully it will be a fast learning experence. Thanks any info would be great
Old 09-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Contributors

FIG:
Welcome to the forum. I would suggest that you go directly to the F.A.Q. section of this board. You will find answers to many of your initial questions. After you have reviewed that section, try the search function for specific topics. Then with a basic understanding of topics already covered, jump right in with any questions. These folks will know, or will find out, answers to any and all questions. Once again, welcome and have fun
Old 09-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Contributors

Give your VIN to your dealer. He can give you a printout of all the options your car has.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Did you buy a car without nowing its specs.. you really fell in love with it didn't you????

As said the FAQ can explain a lot.. If you don't find your answer try a search and if you still can't find it or need help with searching just post and we'll help ya with it.

Active steering is a steeringsystem with a variable steeringratio.Meaning little steering at slow speeds will give big steering reactions at higher speed the steeringratio will be more little and you need to steer more to make the wheels turn.

Welcome and have fun with your car!
Old 09-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Yep, juan2mini and jmcaiado are absolutely right!

Welcome aboard!
It's a great car, you will get addicted to it more and more... adn to this board...
Attached Images  
Old 09-10-2004, 01:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Ice, one of theys days I'm gonna steel your smiley and use it before you can!!
Old 09-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 10 2004, 11:45 PM
Ice, one of theys days I'm gonna steel your smiley and use it before you can!!
Attached Images  
Old 09-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by FIG' date='Sep 10 2004, 03:28 PM
Hello all,
I am new to the BMW world. I was shopping for a new car and saw a 2004 530i. I fell in love with everything about the car. The dealer had one left that was not picked up by its owner. ( I think his financing fell through) But the car was avaliable and i took it. I was wondering how can i learn about my car? I hear you folks talk about active steering. How do i know what my car has. Sorry for my ignorance but hopefully it will be a fast learning experence. Thanks any info would be great
What country are you from? Some aspects of what you will read here is different for where you live.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by pennetta' date='Sep 10 2004, 05:51 PM
What country are you from? Some aspects of what you will read here is different for where you live.
Pennetta's right. It's important to know where you are. So important that it's recommended that you add your location to your user profile so it's displayed under your user name on all posts.

Welcome and enjoy your car!
Old 09-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Contributors

Welcome to the forum. All your questions can be answered here. May not always be what you want to read but there is an answer.

Quick Reply: Just wondering