Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Just Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered a Titanium Gray 545iA with the following options:

Sport
CWP
Premium Sound
Comfort Seats
Rear Airbags
Fold Down Seats
Heated Rear Seats
NAV
HUD
Sirius

I'm wondering if I should add the power rear sunshade.

I don't have small kids and rarely have anyone sit in the back. I also live in Minnesota, so it's not like the sun is really severe most of the time. I'm also kind of worried the shades could be a source for rattles.

I'm really struggling as to whether to order this option. Are there benefits to the shades that I might be missing? Or should I just forget it and save the $575? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Grey Metallic SMG, Black Nasca Leather, Sport Package, Logic7, Comfort Ventilated Seats, Sat Radio, Split Folding Rear Seats

Congratulations, recently ordered mine as well. I'm going with tinting as the option over the shades. My wife has the shades in her car and I have a tough time seeing thourgh them at times.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Titanium Silver/Black, Sport, Premium, L7, Cold

Hey Mike300 - fellow Minnesotan,

I have sunshade option and love 'em. But I've also got 2 kids (6 and 4 yr old).
I just got mine tinted with 30% and with the shades, it looks much darker in the back - nice privacy for when I want/need it.

As for rattles - don't know yet, only have 2000 miles, but thus far in the bitter cold, everything is solid.

If you like gadgets, get it. It's really cool to show your friends. As for usefulness for you (no kids)???

If you're going to get the car tinted, you may not care or need it as much for privacy.

Cheers!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Mike300, I have the sunshades and love them as well, but I agree w/ kt8509. Given your location and no kids, I don't think you'd find it to be money well spent. Like kt, no rattles out of mine yet w/ nearly 9,000 miles on my car. Down here in New Orleans, the shades are a a lifesaver from spring through fall. Heck, even today it's a brisk 75 degrees today, so if I were to park out in the sun, I'd put the shade up to help keep the car cool.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Contributors

Gee, if you got black interior with the anthracite maple wood and a Steptronic you ordered my car, well, except I did get the rear sunshade. In Southern California there was no way I was going without it if it was offered.

Originally Posted by mike300' date='Jan 5 2005, 11:23 AM
I just ordered a Titanium Gray 545iA with the following options:

Sport
CWP
Premium Sound
Comfort Seats
Rear Airbags
Fold Down Seats
Heated Rear Seats
NAV
HUD
Sirius

I'm wondering if I should add the power rear sunshade.

I don't have small kids and rarely have anyone sit in the back.? I also live in Minnesota, so it's not like the sun is really severe most of the time.? I'm also kind of worried the shades could be a source for rattles.?

I'm really struggling as to whether to order this option.? Are there benefits to the shades that I might be missing?? Or should I just forget it and save the $575?? Any comments would be appreciated.? Thanks.
[snapback]75918[/snapback]
Old 01-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Contributors

Mike300
I have the shades and really like them. I have 12,000 mile on my car, no noise from the shades. I like the option of having the back window shade up or down. My .02
Old 01-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Take the $575 and tint it for less then $200... I mean yeah its a neat feature to play with but lets face it is ment for shade and tints will do that and are way more cheaper... so IMHO don't get them
Old 01-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have it and I love it! You get an extra button and it looks very cool putting it up and down electrically..
Old 01-05-2005, 12:24 PM
Members

Depends on your location. I think you do not need it, but I do.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Senior Members

What's the point? It's just a screen that you can pull back and forth to block the sun...

Quick Reply: Just Ordered