Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Impressive Service Visit

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 550 i, mystic blue, black leather, cold weather package, nav, sport, shades, bags, rear heat, V1 hardwired. 05 F350 TD Crew Cab 04 Range Rover HSE 91 964 C4 Cabrio 07 997 Turbo Cabrio

A few weeks ago, I noticed a "weeping" of the paint on the front right fender of my 550i. I figured I sprayed something on it, or one of the kids put some new substance on it. I took it to the body shop, and the paint master there said that it looks like the paint had been sprayed too fast over a wet fender. In his estimation, the car was damaged in transit, and fixed really fast to get to the dealership lot. I know that I did not damage it, so I sat around, and thought about it for a couple of weeks, and then called the dealership. I explained the problem, and they asked me to bring it it and let them take a look at it. I figured there would be no way they would fix it, but it turns out the service manager was VERY nice to me, and it turned out it was my lucky day because the BMW North American Rep was in the store. This dude came out and looked at it, turned to the service manager, and said we will take care of it. Man was I impressed. I have been teetering between getting a new 550 next spring, or getting the XF Supercharged. This experience brought me back towards the BMW. Nice job BMWNA, you really stepped up to the plate, and I appreciate it.....I also tried to get some details about the F-10 out of him, and he laughed, and told me that we BMW geeks would find out more about the car long before he did...
Old 10-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by studavis' post='1041501' date='Oct 27 2009, 05:12 PM
A few weeks ago, I noticed a "weeping" of the paint on the front right fender of my 550i. I figured I sprayed something on it, or one of the kids put some new substance on it. I took it to the body shop, and the paint master there said that it looks like the paint had been sprayed too fast over a wet fender. In his estimation, the car was damaged in transit, and fixed really fast to get to the dealership lot. I know that I did not damage it, so I sat around, and thought about it for a couple of weeks, and then called the dealership. I explained the problem, and they asked me to bring it it and let them take a look at it. I figured there would be no way they would fix it, but it turns out the service manager was VERY nice to me, and it turned out it was my lucky day because the BMW North American Rep was in the store. This dude came out and looked at it, turned to the service manager, and said we will take care of it. Man was I impressed. I have been teetering between getting a new 550 next spring, or getting the XF Supercharged. This experience brought me back towards the BMW. Nice job BMWNA, you really stepped up to the plate, and I appreciate it.....I also tried to get some details about the F-10 out of him, and he laughed, and told me that we BMW geeks would find out more about the car long before he did...
Nice man. It seems BMW is a very good service provider. Not to threadjack, but I just had a similar experience at my BMW dealership for my 1st service on my 07 CPO 530. I bought it in for a scheduled oil change, brake fluid, and sunroof adjustment (common problem). After I bought the car, I noticed a slight wear on the driver's seat, and a slight (and i mean slight) unstitching of the steering wheel leather near the radio buttons.

Long story short, I asked them to look at both of them while it was there, and they actually ordered new parts for BOTH (3+ year old car, in service date 09/06) using the manufacturer's warranty at a cost of almost $2,000 including labor/computer reset. Both were very minor issues.

That really impressed me.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:37 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by studavis' post='1041501' date='Oct 27 2009, 05:12 PM
I find that BMW dealers are way more responsive than, say, a GM dealer. It gets eben better as you develop a long term relationship with them and use them a lot instead of showing up just for major issues.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Members

My Ride: Lana Taylor

I have the streetwalker pro because I was under the impression that the streetwalker didnt fit a pro sized dslr... I love the bag - itll fit a good days worth of gear in it for various situations.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by studavis' post='1041501' date='Oct 27 2009, 03:12 PM
That is surprising. Nice.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by GuitarCrazyo' post='1049776' date='Nov 7 2009, 09:28 PM
I have the streetwalker pro because I was under the impression that the streetwalker didnt fit a pro sized dslr... I love the bag - itll fit a good days worth of gear in it for various situations.
I've never tried a streetwalker pro, but I'll take your word for it. I think that a streetwalker would be able to fit my size.