Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I want to BLOW UP BMW OF MANHATTAN!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i SMG Alpine White/Black Leather, Sport, Logic7, Cold Weather, Navigation

Last week, I brought my 545i for service including an iDrive CIP update (now have version 18.x).

Went to go pick it up on Monday. Everything seemed fine until I tried to enable my Bluetooth. I went to the communication menu and clicked where you check enable bluetooth, but it would not check. I went upstairs with one of the SA's where work is performed on the vehicles. They reset the TCU (Telematics Control Unit) and told me that when I leave the dealership, my car will see the satellite and it will enable all telecommunication services including the bluetooth. This of course was not the case, just away to get me out of there face until next time because it was past closing time. So... I drive my 75 mile trip back to NJ.

Next day.. I call my SA inform him of the situation. He tells me to bring it back... I brought it back the next day. I get a call from my SA at around 2PM. He tells me I need a new TCU. He said he will order it overnight from Germany. I say ok. He told me to come pick up a loaner car. I go to pick up a loaner car, then he asks me for my driver license. I give it to him and he tells me that I cant have a loaner because I am under 25. The a$$hole was so stupid. I am 19, and dont look anywhere near 25... thats another trip to the dealer. So now I was about to take my car home and bring it 2 days later when the TCU is supposed to arrive at the dealership. Then the service foreman comes downstairs and starts talking to me. He mentioned that the TCU's are in stock and had he been given the orderes to install one that day it wouldve all been done.

Today, I bring my car in again to install the TCU which was in stock all day tuesday and couldve been done on tuesday. I go to argue with the service manager Phil Devernsky (di*k) for a compensation for my unnecessary trips back and forth to New Jersey. He kept refusing but I did not quit arguing for 15 minutes when he told me.. "I refuse to work on your car" then he chirped the foreman on his Nextel and told him to bring my car down and not to perform any work on the car... I was freaking out.. He tells me to leave the dealership and never come back again. I then said OK, f**k the compensation, just do the work on the car. He refused. He then threatened to tow my car to an impound if i dont take it right now. I gave up and left.

WHAT DO I DO?
Old 08-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Send this to BMW NA. I wonder why the terrorist did not drive the airplane into that dealership. Maybe he did not own BMW, but a Toyota pickup truck and he's happy with it

Anyhew, call BMWNA or wait for them to go online to pick this message. Hey, BMWNA, are you reading?
Old 08-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 - 545 - tit silver/grey/sport/premsound/nav/cold weather pkg/ hardwire valetine/clear bra/4700k fog bulbs - acs fron and rear spoiler, r10's radenergies with michelin ps2 - 275/30 - 275/35 - aux audio, v 18.xx

Obviously this dealership has no idea what they are doing - you should have taken your car out of there and rserached for another dealership. Some dealerhsips no more than others. Losing your cool does nothing to solve the matter. Remember it is just a car. I have had my ins an douts at certain dealerships. Once you heard that sat. comment I would have walked and found some other dealership to work on my vehicle.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine545' date='Aug 3 2005, 05:55 PM
WHAT DO I DO?
[snapback]155761[/snapback]
damn, sorry to hear this....yet another nightmare story from Manhattan BMW,
I always try to warn anyone I know to never use them, they are the worst, and the funny thing is that I believe they are a corporate dealer that BMW NA owns, not just a franchise dealer....

only thing you can do is find another dealer to do the work and call BMW NA until someone listens... good luck
Old 08-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Sorry to hear about the problem.

I've learned from painful experience that you will get more help from people when you are nice, even when they don't deserve it. yes they screwed you over but I would be willing to bet that if you had kept your cool the situation would have worked out better for you. It's a natural mistake of youth to think you will only get your way if you are threatening and demanding. most of the time it's just the opposite. I'm not saying that's your case, just what I've noticed in the past. Good luck with another dealer.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG Alpine White/Black Leather, Sport, Logic7, Cold Weather, Navigation

You are 100% right. My frustration hit the fan this time, however even after apologizing and kissing the guys fat ass he still refused to perform the work
Old 08-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

try dealerrater.com next time...good luck
Old 08-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Members

get a pen and paper.........write some letters to his boss, as well as corporate, send it to everyone that is hire then him, threaten them that you will take legal action, hell claim racism and discrimination of age i promise you they will listen......i work for a law firm i know this cuz we do work for lemon laws and bmw has been one of our targets of late.........let me know how it goes
Old 08-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

sorry to hear your story :'(. i'll go straight to the boss of the dealership. see what he/she will do. if he/she is also an a-hole, call bmwna. if bmwna refuses to help, contact your local better business bureaus.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Originally Posted by qtrII6' date='Aug 3 2005, 04:53 PM
get a pen and paper.........write some letters to his boss, as well as corporate, send it to everyone that is hire then him, threaten them that you will take legal action, hell claim racism and discrimination of age i promise you they will listen......i work for a law firm i know this cuz we do work for lemon laws and bmw has been one of our targets of late.........let me know how it goes
[snapback]155786[/snapback]
I would suggest just the opposite. Write a letter of apology (even though he doesn't deserve it) saying that you are sorry you lost your cool and asking him to reconsider servicing your car. Be the bigger man. It takes a real man to swallow his pride and admit he lost his cool, even if it was justified.

I guarantee you this approach will be more successful than threats. Guaranteed.

Quick Reply: I want to BLOW UP BMW OF MANHATTAN!