Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I just went to pick up my black 535i and

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Sorry to hear the way you were treated...Did you order the car or was it one they had coming in. If you ordered it and they were showing to another buyer and letting them try it out...that's double wrong! Hope you get things worked out at a different dealer. Make sure you fill out one of those satisfaction forms BMW is so proud of making sure you give all 5's on!
Old 07-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jetmech' post='452352' date='Jul 26 2007, 05:19 PM
If you haven't purchased the car, give Chad Barton at Autobahn in Ft. Worth a call.
Fantastic sales rep, and the dealership is great for any service down the road!
Chad - 817-390-3321.
I don't think you will be sorry you talked to Chad, 2 E60's later and a 650i coming I have
been pleased.

thanks guys... i will take my money and use it where its appreciated.. These guys just looking for a quick buck..
im going tommorow first thing to get deposit back... they going to be MAD!.. oh well i didnt ask for this to happen..
i still cant believe he didnt make a phone call or something about the headliner... Oh and i only waited like 5 half weeks... i think i can cut it again plus i may change color hahaha. any suggestions?

sorry about the blurry pics ... they didnt give me enough time to hold my nokia n73 up long enough.. some dealer came up and opened the door to show the inside too some customer.... ill take good ones tomm but no point i guess.. still looks way better then it does in the broschure ... peaceeee

p.s. i thought the exhaust tips were going to be cheesey from looking at the pics, but they do look pretty aggressive shined up ... and the rims ! dang i thought they were going to be flat and kind of ugly... the 18's go inside alot... i like them now... Looks pigeon toed' cause it is i thinkk.. heh

thanks for the number by the way... dallas is to far anyway.. hope he gives 1500 off to match.. ill call tomm.. so thats autobahn of ft worth? cool thanks man
Attached Thumbnails I just went to pick up my black 535i and-5boy2.jpg   I just went to pick up my black 535i and-5boy.jpg  
Old 07-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Members

In Texas, you are entitled to have your full deposit refunded, and you are not obligated to accept the car that you ordered.

It sounds, however, like the sales manager was attempting to take care of you if they tried to fix the car you ordered, and offered to order you another car if you were not satisfied. That sounds like a reasonable offer. What else would you expect them to do to remedy the situation.

This is not a bad dealership with consistently poor customer service. Your situation is unfortunate for both you and the dealership.

If you are not happy with your salesman, I recommend that you speak to Joe Yetzer at the same dealership. I have received excellent customer service from Joe. He is a pro. Joe's phone number is 972-884-9363.

Incidentally, as you know, we have experienced frequent storms in the Dallas area for many weeks. Many of the storms have produced hail. I am speculating that BMW of Dallas put your car on the showroom floor because they thought it may be the safest place to hold the car until you picked it up.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

sorry to hear about that. you dont need that kind of treatment anywhere. thats completely unacceptable. good luck with another dealership.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Man I would be pissed too. Keep us posted on what happens...
Old 07-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Members

at least you agree on being pissed part. Well they kept pushing for me to take a car that was wet sanded.. I still could see a very long scratch maybe more then 4 inch ! its barely noticeable, but i waited till monday and told him i dont want.. They still werent understanding.. Oh well I went to chad at ft worth autobhan.. These people actually have this really nice storage place where they keep all their "bought" cars. Very nice. Thank you for the hook up ... he gave me 1500 off..

i added:

Logik 7
Anthracite Headliner !

im actually glad this happened haha... i did want that headliner.. I asked him like three times to check over at momentum dallas.
i know for sure these guys will not mess up delivery.. anyone heard the logik 7? i still havent heard it isnt it 750 watts? how much does the mark levinson in the lexus have? cause we just got the 07 gs350 ....