Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I just went to pick up my black 535i and

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They put a freaking scratch on my car! it was like a three inch boy plus they had it in a over crowded showroom right dab in the center "showing it off"... i mean when i got there another dealer came up and unlocked the door to show another guy it... i mean i didnt mind but not very professional leaving out a brand new car to get scratched? also you wont believe what the sales man told me about the scratch when i said i dont think so.....

that ignorant person said " do i look worried ? " i said what !~? my aunt straight up goes of course not your not buying it he is! he just smiled it off.. Soon after i told him dude i dont want this car i was furious to the max at this point cause he was telling me
Oh if we paint your car it will depreciate right off the lot" that made me sick to my stomach and mad cause they depreciated a car i didnt even purchase yet... The funny thing is that he wasnt going to mention it if i didnt notice.. Luckily i read somewhere on a forum where his bmw got messed up before and he didnt sign untill they fixed... well anyway back to the story... this guy was literally telling me he couldnt do a thing cause it would never look the same. He gave me NO option.. This is my first bmw and i thought the sales people would be professional.. What do i do now? Cause the manager had to come in cause i was pretty pissed and he said that he will let his guy look at it and try to fix and if i dont like they will order me a new car..

today he said its fixed and told me that they put some fcuking paint and buffed it again and now their is no scratch to the naked eye...
plus both salesman and sales manager told me it was a light scratch... Bulllllllllshhhi! it was medium deep and Three inchs plus a lil tiny one off to the side on the rear quarter panel right above the right rear fender well.

what can i get out of these idiots please help cause i have to go look at it today plus i drove 40 mins yesterday and drove back in traffic with out my baby... He made me so upset cause he was telling me that i HAD to just take it basically? i dont get it... is this guy ignorant or am i crazy? i dont get it... right when we were like oh scratch he did a 360 and had an attitude..

dont ever buy a car at momentum of dallas,tx they fcuking suck.. and they keep way tomany cars on the show room floor. ur brand new car may end up on it as a show car what can i get out of these people? please help soon thanks a bunch..
i typed this really fast sorry..
Old 07-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i Sport 6M

Do you have to purchase the car? If not, then I wouldn't accept it. I remember when I was in Omaha buying a new car that it wasn't mine until I took delivery, even though the papers were already signed for. If it's like that in TX, then just walk away from everything.

Did you put a deposit down on the car?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Members

Walk away.
Get your deposit and go elsewhere.
You do not need to put up with this behavior adfter spending 60K.
Im sure you can find many local dealers who would me more accomodating.
You
Old 07-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Members

I know but the local arlington,tx mortiz will not give me a discount on my car and dallas gave me 1500 off
but the manager did say he can order me a new car.... also the dumb idiot salesman didnt even know that u can put anthracite headliner on the 535i... he was shocked to here me even think that u can.... i even told him on forums people are getting them.. This guy was ignorant and stubborn.. He thought he was right till now.. lol .. but do you think i should go ahead and order another and wait another 6 weeks? i mean shouldnt i get something extra for all this trouble? Oh yea i did put 1000 down check form...
i did want to get that anthracite... damn bastards
Old 07-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Walk away, get the deposit back and buy a new one from another dealer!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Don't walk away, run!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by 1600' post='452311' date='Jul 26 2007, 03:44 PM
Don't walk away, run!

Yeah. They're clowns - if they do eventually accidentally succeed in delivering you a car in reasonable condition, they'll probably end up screwing something up for you down the line.

Don't feel like you can't get a deal anywhere else... try Autobytel, or Edmunds.com, or Costco. A lot of us got fantastic deals through these places.

I'd personally see if you can escalate through BMWNA - get them to "hiijack" an existing dealer order - could cut down your wait to 4wks or so depending on the timing of the boat.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Senior Members

The salesman service is not usually representative of the level of service you get when you take your car for maintenance but if they are already treating you like this, imagine how it is going to be for the next four years.
If you can, get them to give you either a better discount (Due to the scratch being there) or to order another one with the anthracite headliner. You can always walk away.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Walk away for one main reason...If this is how they work on new cars, what's it going to be like having your car serviced there for the life that you own the car??? I would get your deposit back, move to another dealer, even if it's further away and wait it out. It will be worth it. Do NOT get a new car with a scratch. Even if it's gone, they may have glazed it over, which means it will reappear in a few months.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 530i upgraded to 2007 550i 12/20/06 Took delivery of 2008 M5 3/25/08 cf delete K&N filters, the rest stock.

If you haven't purchased the car, give Chad Barton at Autobahn in Ft. Worth a call.
Fantastic sales rep, and the dealership is great for any service down the road!
Chad - 817-390-3321.
I don't think you will be sorry you talked to Chad, 2 E60's later and a 650i coming I have
been pleased.

Quick Reply: I just went to pick up my black 535i and