Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Hunterdon BMW

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 06:16 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ant 550' post='388788' date='Feb 8 2007, 10:19 AM
Had service done to my car a few days ago, then when I was supposed to return the car I told them I just receieved a call my dad was geing rush to the hospital could not return the car. Someone said no problem , I need service and they tell me I'm banned from getting a loaner car .

I can't believe that a dealer would do this my 550 is 3 months old has anyone had a similar issue please I would like some feedback and if there is any recourse. I called BMW of America they do not get involved with dealer issues when it comes to loaner cars. I'm so pissed I want to sell this thing I can't go to another dealer for a loaner they only give loaners to people who purchase cars from them?????????
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by BMW NA Customer Relations' post='393885' date='Feb 21 2007, 10:16 AM
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
Go get 'em BMW NA! Help out our friend here!!

Thanks...
Old 02-23-2007, 07:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ant 550' post='390593' date='Feb 12 2007, 10:50 AM
The service advisor knew I was not happy I got the sales manager involved because I knew him he made sure it was done, the problem was that the next day the service advisor calls and says they need to keep the car do to 8 hrs of software updates, My reply was I just purchased this car last week why did it leave the dealership after being preped for delivery didn't anyone check for updated software, no reply then to make things worst when I received the car back I notive my eyebrows are off, this is after i read something on this forum. I called them they say there is no fix call BMW which I did 3 weeks later I get a call from BMW customer service telling me there is now a fix. I had to call the dealer and get this taken care of and I could sense an attitude already. The rest as they say is down hill from there. Made several calls to BMW of America they don't want to get involved with this " It's up to each dealer how they want to do bussiness" when I heard that I knew I had a major issue. Now my car is without a place for service as of right now.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:27 AM
Members

As a person who has purchased and serviced his BMW's from Hunterdon BMW, I would like to make some comments regarding these statements. I have been to other dealers in the area, and have never found anyone that compared to the quality and convenience of Hunterdon BMW. So I figure there may be more to this story than meets the eye. I've noticed that you fail to mention time frames. I find it extremely hard to believe that they had no regard for your family's circumstances and banned you simply because you were LATE returning the loaner car. How long did the service actually take on your car, and how long did you have the loaner car? You mentioned Saturday and Monday, so I can assume you had the car for at least 4 days. If your repair took one day, than I would say you took advantage of them. You also mentioned loyalty to them, yet have stated that you've been to other dealers looking to buy and to have service performed. So I would have to question your loyalty. I am also curious why you stated that you have no place to service your car. Have other dealers done the same type of thing for similar reason? Perhaps you need to reevaluate the circumstance. Maybe the dealership is not the one being unreasonable. Living in this area, I have contacted other dealers as well regarding loaners, and was told that even though I did not purchase from them, I was entitled to a loaner. I would like to note that other dealers are known to use outside rental car companies from time to time, yet I've always gotten brand new BMW's at Hunterdon. I would also like to mention that I have been one of the unfortunate customers who has come in for an appointment I scheduled weeks in advance, only to find that loaners were not returned, and I did not have one available for me because of that. Yet Hunterdon BMW never dropped the ball, offering me a ride, to reschedule, an outside rental, or even the owner's personal vehicle. So again, I find these charges very hard to believe. As a business man, I am well aware that there is always a customer that you can not please, regardless of how hard you try.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 530I, '98 328I & '94 Civic DX(5spd)

Originally Posted by ohcousinit' post='394673' date='Feb 23 2007, 10:27 AM
As a person who has purchased and serviced his BMW's from Hunterdon BMW, I would like to make some comments regarding these statements. I have been to other dealers in the area, and have never found anyone that compared to the quality and convenience of Hunterdon BMW. So I figure there may be more to this story than meets the eye. I've noticed that you fail to mention time frames. I find it extremely hard to believe that they had no regard for your family's circumstances and banned you simply because you were LATE returning the loaner car. How long did the service actually take on your car, and how long did you have the loaner car? You mentioned Saturday and Monday, so I can assume you had the car for at least 4 days. If your repair took one day, than I would say you took advantage of them. You also mentioned loyalty to them, yet have stated that you've been to other dealers looking to buy and to have service performed. So I would have to question your loyalty. I am also curious why you stated that you have no place to service your car. Have other dealers done the same type of thing for similar reason? Perhaps you need to reevaluate the circumstance. Maybe the dealership is not the one being unreasonable. Living in this area, I have contacted other dealers as well regarding loaners, and was told that even though I did not purchase from them, I was entitled to a loaner. I would like to note that other dealers are known to use outside rental car companies from time to time, yet I've always gotten brand new BMW's at Hunterdon. I would also like to mention that I have been one of the unfortunate customers who has come in for an appointment I scheduled weeks in advance, only to find that loaners were not returned, and I did not have one available for me because of that. Yet Hunterdon BMW never dropped the ball, offering me a ride, to reschedule, an outside rental, or even the owner's personal vehicle. So again, I find these charges very hard to believe. As a business man, I am well aware that there is always a customer that you can not please, regardless of how hard you try.

you are not connected with Hunterdon BMW in any way, are you? Just kidding.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Members

No. Actually I am just a business man and consumer that does not believe in only voicing a negative opinion. I believe in complimenting good work and service when I see fit. I've read all of the complaints and comments this guy has made and received, and he doesn't seem to want to hear anything that anyone says. All he does is say the same things over and over. If they are so bad, then go elsewhere. Period. End of story. I know alot of people who bought and service their vehicles at Hunterdon BMW, and I myself have recomended many people. They are a very hi quality dealer that still has the family owned, small town atmosphere. There has got to be another side to this story. I just don't believe the accusations being made here. I have more faith in Hunterdon BMW than some annonymous dis-satisfied customer on the internet. My guess is this is one of those guys that reads everything everyone writes on the internet, and then calls the dealer asking questions and wanting everything he read. this type of person only creates his own problems. He stated he was a day late, yet he said he was called on friday morning to pick up his car, and did not until Monday. Thats 4 days, not 1. False in one, false in all as far as I am concerned.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 530I, '98 328I & '94 Civic DX(5spd)

hunterdon could have given his car as a loaner if he didn't bring back his loaner car on time. hahaha. jk again.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by POGI' post='394971' date='Feb 24 2007, 12:46 AM
hunterdon could have given his car as a loaner if he didn't bring back his loaner car on time. hahaha. jk again.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Members

Wow!!!! I just read this whole two page scenario. Its amazing to me that anyone whould carry on for this long to people they don't know over something as trivial as a loaner car. I like what was pointed out. The time lines. You kept their car for 4 or 5 days. Who are you to complain. They should have reported it stolen and had you arrested. You must be some arrogant sob to think you can just take a company's car and keep it for however long you feel like it with absolutely no regard for other customers whom might have had that car reserved. What if your father was ill. Too bad. You had an entire weekend to return that car. Thats no excuse. Then to top it off, you come on the internet and post all kinds of crap, trying to make a car dealership look bad. Instead of refusing to offer you a free loaner, they should have banned you from the dealership. No surprise that they don't want you back. look at all the crap you are trying to stir up. You are the one looking bad to me. And apparently a few others too. I'm sure you will get people to jump on your dealer bashing band wagon. God knows there are enough people out there that love to complain. But in reality, you are being nothing more than a spoiled child. You said that you hoped it would be settled proffesionally. Man, how could anyone deal proffesionally with someone who uses the internet to publicly bash them? My advise would be grow up, get over it, and move on. Apparently you don't like them, so why would you even care about a loaner? You have not said one positive thing about them, so why would you want to go back? My guess is you have burned alot of bridges, and basically have no where else to go. I happen to know there are more BMW dealerships in your area than just about anywhere else in the USA. So whats the big deal? Leave them alone, do them the favor.