Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Hunterdon BMW

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 06:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 550 silver Gray SP PKG, NAV, LOGIC 7, SAT, COLD WEATHER, STEP.

Had service done to my car a few days ago, then when I was supposed to return the car I told them I just receieved a call my dad was geing rush to the hospital could not return the car. Someone said no problem , I need service and they tell me I'm banned from getting a loaner car .

I can't believe that a dealer would do this my 550 is 3 months old has anyone had a similar issue please I would like some feedback and if there is any recourse. I called BMW of America they do not get involved with dealer issues when it comes to loaner cars. I'm so pissed I want to sell this thing I can't go to another dealer for a loaner they only give loaners to people who purchase cars from them?????????
Old 02-08-2007, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Strange -- do you remember who "someone" is? If I were you, I'd go there and calmly speak to the general manager of the dealership. Maybe after doing that, they'll give you a second chance. If that doesn't work, don't rule out the possibility of using another dealer -- they make money on servicing so even if you didn't buy a car from them, many dealers will still offer loaners while your car is in the shop.

Good luck!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:44 AM
Members

This was on Saturday so service was not there a receptionist told me she asked and was told don't worry about it. Monday at 7:30 service called and said they want there car back and I told them my dad is having open heart surgery at 9am we need the car back he says I said I'm on my way to the hospital at this point. Now nothing was said when I returned the car now that I need another service I'm banned. Also the car is new so I'm not paying for service and wont be paying for 4 yrs. I'm fed up with BMW and this dealership. They just could care less about cirumstances and this was in my opinion a dire cirumstance. The service manager calls the shots period. I'm banned he could care less.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Whether or not you're paying has nothing to do with anything -- BMW pays the dealers for warranty work so they make money on service, period. Actually, I think the dealers make more money on service than they do on sales...

I think your problem is simple -- talk to the GM and explain the extenuating circumstances. If they don't help you out, go somewhere else. I'll bet you anything that another dealer will provide a loaner to you -- especially if they realize you have defected from one of their competitors...
Old 02-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Oh wow.. thats strange.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Members

To make things even worst this is the second car I purchased from them. They have no loyalty towards there customers. The service manager is pulling is weight around like he is god, he knows BMW won't interfere so they don't care. I will try to find some sort of way to expose this thing. I can't believe that now my car needs service again and I will have to find a way to get around. does anyone have any ideas how to expose this dealer and this sort of practice.

thanks for any help I'm pretty upset with this after dealing with my dads illness they pull this crap.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ant 550' post='389043' date='Feb 8 2007, 08:18 PM
To make things even worst this is the second car I purchased from them. They have no loyalty towards there customers. The service manager is pulling is weight around like he is god, he knows BMW won't interfere so they don't care. I will try to find some sort of way to expose this thing. I can't believe that now my car needs service again and I will have to find a way to get around. does anyone have any ideas how to expose this dealer and this sort of practice.

thanks for any help I'm pretty upset with this after dealing with my dads illness they pull this crap.
As I said earlier, you really need to take this to the GM of the dealership. If he/she doesn't respond in good faith, then take your business elsewhere and be done with it...
Old 02-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Members

I've talked with another dealer already who is fairly close to my house, they really can't understand how and why they would do this for being a day late and it seems everyone is saying we never told you you could keep the car another day. The other dealer said they would service my car no problem but loaner cars are reserved for customers who purchase there car from the dealership. That's the problem BTW I've sent an email to the owner of the dealership alond with 3 voicemails no response whats so ever.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ant 550' post='389058' date='Feb 8 2007, 09:06 PM
I've talked with another dealer already who is fairly close to my house, they really can't understand how and why they would do this for being a day late and it seems everyone is saying we never told you you could keep the car another day. The other dealer said they would service my car no problem but loaner cars are reserved for customers who purchase there car from the dealership. That's the problem BTW I've sent an email to the owner of the dealership alond with 3 voicemails no response whats so ever.
What about your salesperson?

In my opinion, emails and voicemails should not be used for this type of thing. Either show up in person to speak to the GM (or owner) or write a formal letter. State your case carefully and logically. Remind them that you've purchased more than one vehicle from them, etc. and that under normal circumstances you would have returned the loaner car in time. Explain that when you learned of your emergency, you were told by "someone" that it would be okay to keep the car, etc.

If they don't respond, you really do need to take your business elsewhere. You'd have nothing to gain by staying with this dealership for your future service needs. Maybe, once you've established yourself as a good customer with the other dealer, they'll choose to give you a loaner sometime down the road...
Old 02-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Members

You make some good points, I just am getting a very bad feeling about this. The service manager has his mind made up as far as my sales person goes he's never even called after I purchased the car so forget him. The funny thing is I thought I was in good favor with the sales manager but he has turned a cold sholder also. Since I purchased the car there has been three issues with the car when I spoke with the sales manager about these issues just so he was aware of them he says call bmw to complain so I say that's ok with you? his response yea they are the ones who need to address these software issues we can't do anything for you. Are you seeing the picture? Everytime there was an issue it seemed as though it was a hassle for them. I will see if something happens tomorrow I will try again and hope this can be resolved in a professional manner.

Quick Reply: Hunterdon BMW