Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

how specific is tracking via VIN#?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 05:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530i. Premium, Sport, powere shades, Sat. radio and hopefully the occasional groupy in the seat.

like will it tell me if the car is on a truck, or when it's estimated to be delievered? I'm getting a little anxious for my car. I tried to buy one same day last sunday and couldn't find one I wanted, then there happened to be one I wanted on a boat that docked monday. Aside from wanting the car, I NEED it! my last car sold. I have been relying on other people to get to and from work.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:33 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by ghetto fabulous' date='Oct 29 2005, 08:51 AM
like will it tell me if the car is on a truck, or when it's estimated to be delievered? I'm getting a little anxious for my car. I tried to buy one same day last sunday and couldn't find one I wanted, then there happened to be one I wanted on a boat that docked monday. Aside from wanting the car, I NEED it! my last car sold.? I have been relying on other people to get to and from work.
[snapback]190476[/snapback]
Once it's off the ship, the only way you yourself can track via VIN is via the Owner's Circle site, but that's several days to over a week behind.

The only entity right now that can give you the best idea of where your car is is your dealer, by checking in their system. BMWNA Customer Relations can't even do it, and there's no VIN tracking system for the trucks that will ship it to you. I would guess your car is probably either getting ready to leave the VPC, or may have already left. A car can be at the VPC for 1-5 days, but usually 2-3 (sometimes a lot longer if there is damage or an issue that needs to be resolved). Based on the information in your dealer's system, they should be able to give you a fairly accurate ETA.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530i. Premium, Sport, powere shades, Sat. radio and hopefully the occasional groupy in the seat.

ok thanks, I think I'll try to contacact the sales manager today to figure it out since I have been told for the last week that the VIN number is on his desk. I was told they were holding the paper work to be signed(Although I pay for the car, my dad signed for it) so that I don't start paying for a car I don't have. Which makes sense, but I thought there were ways to get around that by delaying the payment or something like that. Either way, my dad lives in OR and I am in AZ about 1.5 hours away from the dealer I purchased from so they have to fed ex the paperwork to be signed. They said they are trying to time it so everything happens at the same time. Personally I'd rather have the paperwork signed now so I can just ggo pick it up when it gets here.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

You should not purchase the car or start paying for it until it is at the dealer and you pick it up.